How'd it go today?

meeting all day yesterday, two meetings today, gotta love volunteering. :)

tomorrow is a small install job then my niece's princess party for her birthday. I will go and watch Bub so my wife can take part in the princess part. :)

Just got a call from where I ground yesterday with the dude telling me he had a report of a broken window.

I fricking asked the 2 people there to go with me when I ground the two stumps near the other people and look before and after to see if I broke any glass (unlikely) so that I wouldn't have to deal with this bull jive.

When I left, I didn't see that it was broken. He said that they said they didn't think to look higher up at the window. :roll: I mean WTF, there was 2 vehicles and 2 windows to look at, how hard could that be? Then again, his girlfriend is the queen of a double wide for a reason.

Unless there's something special about it, the replacement glass shouldn't be more than $50, the job was $400. I guess I'll go over there (21 miles and 40 minutes) to inspect the damage and get measurements and a price on the replacement glass. He can put it in for all I care.

He wanted to know if I had insurance to cover broken windows :what::roll:.

:X

test flew a material handler yesterday, fast boom and nice truck! my buddy was just trying to get me to buy it! gonna go look at a f650 with a 28 foot crane on it today, not looking to buy but sounds like such a good deal i at least have to look

altec boom, 2 hydraulic baskets, mounted on a late 90s international, said it was a 500 series engine?, capstan winch mounted in a tool box and sticks through the door8), cab mounted spot lights, air brakes, push button automatic, nice truck but it weighs 29k empty.
carl, boom truck would be just a wood hauler, 12' deck. ill take pics when i go see it

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4JuS5AwR5Xg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4JuS5AwR5Xg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Willie, sounds a lot like my truck. The Altec AM series are available with one or two buckets (the blue truck had two, I removed one) and many of the power companies put big hydraulic winches on the front bumper for pulling lines. My truck had a winch on it but the dealer pulls them off and sells them separately. :( I still have to remove the 1" hydraulic lines that fed it and are capped off behind the front bumper. Weight is about right as well. Mine was 27k empty, 4wd and the winch could add a thousand pounds to that easily.

beautiful little truck for the price. i can hardly say know but im sure my wife can. i can get this for such a deal id make money after using it a few years

Attachments

• f650 001.jpg
    f650 001.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 4
  • f650 002.jpg
    f650 002.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 6
  • f650 006.jpg
    f650 006.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 5
  • f650 004.jpg
    f650 004.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 5
Does it dump? And even so, the bed is too small for anything substantial. I wouldn't want it as a dedicated loader, but that's just moi.

Back