How'd it go today?

It's humid as a bastid today. Chipped a small pile of brush at the house and was drenched 10 minutes later. It's horrible. Parents are leaving with their 5th wheel for a week to Virginia Beech...setting them off on their way.

Got nothing planned for the rest, should go give a bid but it's to hot out.:|:

I just ran into Coach Jimmy Johnson in the Marathon Kmart. Jimmy J shopping at K for tropical shirts.:D

Oh, and his hair was perfect! :lol:

He lives up in Islamorada, a couple of keys up from us.

Wally World has some nice Panama Jack shirts right now, cheap. I picked up a couple last month. Currnetly my favorite casual, non work shirts.
:)

Another stellar day today. Low effort, good money, home by 3pm.
This morning I did some pruning on two huge oaks at a lawyer's office. One of the oaks lost a huge lead the other day so we did some safety pruning. I took off one other big lead over the building that had a decent size cavity at the base (raccoon's nest in it). I finished that at 11am and then went to a shopping center to trim some washingtonian palms. I think I trimmed 26, almost all of them in groups of three. That took about 2 hours plus drive time.
:)

Have I mentioned lately just how much I love my new truck? :big-love:

I just ran into Coach Jimmy Johnson in the Marathon Kmart. Jimmy J shopping at K for tropical shirts.:D

Oh, and his hair was perfect! :lol:

He lives up in Islamorada, a couple of keys up from us.

Was he doing the werewolves of London?

I went to the Illinois Tree Climbing Comp today... just to hang out. Learned a few new tricks and saw some different and interesting setups. Saw Mr. Good there hanging out too.

Attachments

• IMG_1699 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1699 (Large).JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1691 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1691 (Medium).JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1697 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1697 (Medium).JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1693 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1693 (Medium).JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1692 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1692 (Medium).JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 4
I was supposed to go look at a branch hanging over a house, but they never called back to let me know when to come?
I got called in to work, one of the saws went down, it's still down. They are not happy about that:(
I did actually do some tree work today though. A family from the church had a Cotton weed blow down the other night. Didn't hit the house, but landed partialy on the shed. Probably 30" at the base, good sized tree. They were out there with anMS170 and a sawsall trying to cut it up. I will go back tommorow, if it's not raining, and clean up another Cottonweed that has some high hangers and a Sycamore that has some high hangers as well.
I guess that is my good deed for the month:?

I drove out to Emmet Idaho, a pretty, rural town about an hour and a half from here in the family's Honda. Its outside my new constrained work area but I got a call from an existing client and someone who wanted a couple of branches down from a willow tree. The branch job paid for my gas and food and a bid the existing client's job as winter work. She has a sycamore and I started choking just walking under it, there's no way I want to get into it this time of year. All in all it was a nice drive with cool spring weather, birds everywhere, puffy clouds floating low over the valley and I wasn't in a hurry.

It's humid as a bastid today. Chipped a small pile of brush at the house and was drenched 10 minutes later. It's horrible. Parents are leaving with their 5th wheel for a week to Virginia Beech...setting them off on their way.

Got nothing planned for the rest, should go give a bid but it's to hot out.:|:

It's just as bad if not worse here!

Why are you such a mean son, that you would send your parents to Va Beach? :P

If they see a white 2008 Silverado with Diebold on the doors, tell them to wave. I'm on vacation this week coming up as well.

I drove back from Ohio today. I did find one oddity on the border between VA and West VA on my way back... a gas station/convenience store/logging supply store. I walked out with wedges, water and Husky 2-stroke mix. :lol:

footlock = marbar?

You could either footlock or use the marbar to get to the top for the work climb. The clock didn't start until you were ready at the top in your DdRT system. I didn't get any pictures of the footlock portion... lots of people were raving about J. Moszner's 16 second time though. Kramer was in Group B and he smoked the work climb... I took the picture of the leader board before he went though. I also left early so not too sure who came out on top overall, but it was probably someone in Group B.

Tried to upload a bigger picture of the leader board for you Wagnaw, but it exceeded 1 MB.

Today,meaning yesterday,I took my mother to Louisville to the graduation of the last or youngest of her 12 grandchildren .My youngest brothers only daughter .

The kid did good,got a full ride accademically at the university of Ky for a 4 year degree .

Long day,worked untill 2 am Sat morning,up at 7:30,on the road at 8 .Back at 1:00 Am Sun morn ,450 miles round trip .

Sunday already,off to work again untill 2 AM .No rest for the weary I guess or the old adage of making hay while the sun shines depending on how one looks at it .

Went back and finished cutting up the stump on the blow down. They had another Cottonweed that lost a couple of limbs that broke off and needed cleaned out. Easy enough. But the wind was blowing 35mph. WOW:O I didn't know if I was going to pucke in the tree, on the way down, or as soon as I touched the ground!! I have NEVER wanted out of a tree so badly in my life!

I had a good 7 hours today working outta bucket slaying two big trees. And for the most part it wasn't too hot.

Whatcha doin' working on Sunday, Butch? I try my best to avoid it, nobody appreciates the extra effort anyway.

And Brendon- bucket work won't hurt your back if you quit trying to work over your head. Instead of reaching up, move the lever and bring the bucket up to where you're working at waist-chest height. No more sore back. ;) It sounds logical but I've seen many bucket operators who stop and reach up instead of bringing the bucket up another 18". I had to make a concerted effort to quit doing it.

Whatcha doin' working on Sunday, Butch? I try my best to avoid it, nobody appreciates the extra effort anyway.

And Brendon- bucket work won't hurt your back if you quit trying to work over your head. Instead of reaching up, move the lever and bring the bucket up to where you're working at waist-chest height. No more sore back. ;) It sounds logical but I've seen many bucket operators who stop and reach up instead of bringing the bucket up another 18". I had to make a concerted effort to quit doing it.

You're absooutely right Brian. It comes from trying to work out too large of an area without moving the bucket.
I went to church today. Well I helped grill tri-tips while church was going on in the next building. They gave me a job to do, so I will always show up if they do that because I don't want to let them down. The tri-tip cooking deal was a fund raiser for our men's retreat.

The tri-tip cooking deal was a fund raiser for our men's retreat.

Man Camp? http://www.aspenmancamp.com/

I like this sentence from the first page of the web site: "Leave your inner child at home, and unleash “The Hairy Beast Within”!!!

:lol::|:

Here is the weight trainer. If looks are a sign of his training skill, it should give a good idea of what you get for your money :what:

Attachments

• 600_Stones_Lift1.jpg
    600_Stones_Lift1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 41
I gave some climbing lessons today to the lady who's technically my boss right now. She borrowed Sharron Lilly's gear... an original master saddle and true blue 12-strand. That stuff is cush on the hands!! ...but damn it's heavy. Mandi also climbed around a bit too, which was fun.

Attachments

• Sunday Climbing Lesson.JPG
    Sunday Climbing Lesson.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Sunday Climbing Lesson (2).JPG
    Sunday Climbing Lesson (2).JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Sunday Fun Climb (2) copy.JPG
    Sunday Fun Climb (2) copy.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Sunday Fun Climb (12) copy.JPG
    Sunday Fun Climb (12) copy.JPG