How'd it go today?

Ground 3 stumps, picked up a few limbs around town. Can't get off of the ground, wind is gusting over 60mph. Been returning calls and giving bids this afternoon.

great day, good money, i almost gave a discount but ive underbid a few lately so i kept it all:evil: we pruned this big black oak, and put 2 cobras in another tree.
the stump shots are of a black oak i bid to remove, but they decided they didnt need a cert arb for that and went with the low bid. thats a stump for jerrys saw. they made a good low cut!

Attachments

• misc 025.jpg
    misc 025.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 5
  • misc 026.jpg
    misc 026.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 4
  • misc 027.jpg
    misc 027.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 4
  • misc 028.jpg
    misc 028.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 4
  • misc 031.jpg
    misc 031.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 6
  • misc 032.jpg
    misc 032.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 5
Lol did they ever! Same kind of day I had, made my days earnings in a couple of hours. A bid is a bid though.:)

I went out and did six estimates this afternoon. Got three go aheads and the other three have to check with the spouse. A good day.

Well, sleep was short lived!! Wife woke me up, tornado waring for Wichita. It was lined up to the West of us, but.......
It lifted before it was even close. But looks like there might be more to come.
I guess I will try and go in early in the am.

12 removals, one prune........broke the steering dampener on the one ton. CMI pulley knob unthreaded itself........blazed in the HEAT:|:

Did you save that lot clearing job for this heat!?!? Or, are you just cranking it out still?

not a lot clear....12 TD's around a swimming pool. GRCS fest, not to bad lest your skeered of cicadas buzzen' all over ya.:D

when you get hungry...just grab a few and go.......Id say they are bout' to peak here. 2-3 more weeks they will be gone. Howz corn country treating you?

when you get hungry...just grab a few and go.......Id say they are bout' to peak here. 2-3 more weeks they will be gone. Howz corn country treating you?

Gone already huh? I was kinda looking forward to seeing them in full force. Ah well... Corn country is fine. We've had pretty consistent tornado warnings, which is a first for me, and the sirens in town woke us up a few days ago. That was freaky!! Ohh... and apparently, I'm signed up to be Scott Prophet's man servant for the ITCC :roll: , and they want me to interview Bernd Strausser, I mean... whoever wins. I'm trying to see if Camille can interview the winning lady cause I think she is gonna come watch. So, corn country is good so far. Can't beat the mountains though.

I've got most of the big wood loaded. Took the first piece and rolled it across the yard... found the water meter.

Luckly I'm nearly positive it broke on their side, which means they pay for it.

Came home to get the diesel, apparently dad didn't bother filling the tractor with the diesel I brough him nearly two weeks ago.

I think late 06 was the last time I used the tractor for treework.

I was hoping this pine woulda come down a 'lil faster, but WTH. It was cloudy and breezy so the heat wasn't unbearable. They didn't wanna swing the jib. I told them to swing the jib.

Attachments

• jackson_st-pine 009.jpg
    jackson_st-pine 009.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 8
  • jackson_st-pine 011.jpg
    jackson_st-pine 011.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 6
  • jackson_st-pine 015.jpg
    jackson_st-pine 015.jpg
    607 KB · Views: 7
  • jackson_st-pine 017.jpg
    jackson_st-pine 017.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 7
  • jackson_st-pine 023.jpg
    jackson_st-pine 023.jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 5
  • jackson_st-pine 024.jpg
    jackson_st-pine 024.jpg
    667.1 KB · Views: 6
The yellow part on the top of the crane is the jib. It lets' you reach farther but you lose a lotta power.

The jib is the extension piece that mounts on the top of the crane boom to provide additional reach. In the picture above it is yellow. On hydraulic cranes the jib is normally stowed on the side of the main boom. To use it, you need to swing it into position and install the locking pin on the other side of the boom. Hence the expression "swing the jib".

And you can destroy stuff when you swing the jib if you don't keep it under control.

Back