How'd it go today?

I guess what I mean, is it property you and/or Rob own, friend's place, side of the road... ?

Is it still drought by you, so lots of now will be a blessing?
Like the 27 feet in the Sequoias in 11, when me and rhe boys went climbing.
I remembee the Kern river was a raging monster.

English seems to be a default language most people will understand to some degree. I buy snus from Sweden, and many have English names and descriptions despite having no formal presence in any English speaking land.

I went up the 70’ poplar spar in my backyard to get the blood flowing. I wanted to see how the 395xp (28” bar) felt on the saddle. I kept thinking I was caught on something during ascent 😂. I was able to start it cold and manipulate it on spikes. The added weight made my instep hurt faster. It’s quite different than a 50cc saw! Next time John comes over we will chunk it down. Small drop zone would need to be cleared each time.

Been meaning to mention it you. You might want to consider dowel rods between the chunks. The idea is to cut straight through inserting the two rods as you go, then rolling the chunk off. Fishing swivels on the ends attached to throwline and your saddle to keep them with you. It isn't something I've done, but have read others doing it. Maybe someone can clarify if I got it wrong.

Used that on a big pine.
I drilled a small hole through two dowels to run throw line through. Long enough to tie a crab on each length of string and kept clipped to my d rings.
As I cut a curf, I would slide them in behind the saw. 3/8ths I believe.
Only needed two to roll the slab off. The dowels were about a foot long. Once the chunk rolled off, they would fall to my sides.
Tip: put some heat shrink on the throw line. Keeps it from tangling on something as easy.

Last edited:
Back