How'd it go today?

Mamas is on a rampage tonight. She decided she hates her brother again, and had him trapped in the stairwell while she stood guard at the top of the steps. Not sure what her problem is. He hasn't been anymore annoying than usual. What makes it funny is he's 2-3x bigger than her, but she's clearly running this show :^D

Helped Mike with a tree today. He even paid me!(more than it was worth). A little guy, but it kinda kicked my ass. I haven't done any log wrangling since cool weather. I'm out of shape. It was fun though. Got to use all my bigger saws. I'm usually running a 2511 or a poulan. Good day

IMG_20221009_141528913_HDR.jpg

What are those things? Looks like the gasket material is trashed.
Stephen, motor mount or cab mount?
Motor mounts for the F350. Was pulling hard on the chipper the other day and the shift lever moved abruptly and big clunk. I asked Rob to watch the motor when I put it in gear and throttle. He confirmed visual. The hot exhaust took it's toll on one side first, but the other was not far behind.
Ordered a pair, started to install and came to a halt. Threads were buggered on the new pair. Took them back and order another pair. One had perfect threads. The other had a slight bugger in them. Fixed that one's start threads with a dremel. Lifted motor, dropped one frame mount and removed and replaced.
While I was messing about, I notice the heat had also helped remove a spacer on the radius arm bushing same side. So I ordered an up grade kit with high temp spacers.
That little hiccup on the threads set my repair back a whole day. Kind pissed me off. Not like I don't have enough going on.
Then I finished pulling both computers out of the diesel for testing. Those will ship out tomorrow.
If I ever get a hold of that little gremlin bastard messing with my vehicles, I am gonna kick it's arse!

Look on the bright side Stephen, at least you’ll have a brand new F350 once the motor mounts and computer is working. I’m pretty sure since I’ve been on TH you’ve done one or 2 component replacements per week on that thing! Golly day! How many miles? Year?

The diesel is a different monster. That is a 95 F250 with a 7.3 flat bed. Was a welders truck prior to my watch so it has been around.
The F350 is a 1984 Flatbed with the 7.5/460CI gasser. Duals. I need to do more to it, but limping it along till I get the other two trucks running.
My 1991 F250 needs a motor. It's a 4x4 and really is needed up here in the sticks. I have a plan. But I really need that damn diesel running. So I'm in deep going for broke.
Rob has a 1989 F250 I found for him with the 7.5/460CI but it's only 2wd. It will tow the dingo and trailer, but is very limited as to where it will go off road.
And Rob would rather keep it limited that way. Low mileage with a newer transmission. Easy to work on.

I don't know what's going on with that saw. I'll check it out soon. I left it in the truck to take to work. I was gonna just use the 36" bar on the oak the boss wants down, but I now have motivation to take the bar off and give everything a good look. I'll put the 25" on it for the oak. That's the one I wanted to use anyway.

I don't know what's going on with that saw. I'll check it out soon. I left it in the truck to take to work. I was gonna just use the 36" bar on the oak the boss wants down, but I now have motivation to take the bar off and give everything a good look. I'll put the 25" on it for the oak. That's the one I wanted to use anyway.
Whatever :P. Chains probably on backwards

I thought you got it working and used it to deconstruct the large multi crotch trunk?
Yea, but that was pretty much straight bucking. That can cover up geometry issues since you're just cutting down. Same with a horizontal cut. Angled cuts like doing a face are less tolerant of imperfection, and will tend to derail more if things aren't right.

Stephen, I'm surprised you can still get legal registration/tags on those trucks, being in California.
Truthfully, I reside in a county I only have to emission the vehicle one time when I buy it. The diesel is pre-emission so I'm good there. Otherwise, every two years if I resided elsewhere. I have my old 80 F350 I keep non opt and parked for parts. But should I decide to restore it, I wont need to sniff it again for the state. So long as it does not transfer ownership. With a new motor, the 91 would probably pass. But the 84 won't. Ive changed too many things.

Back