How'd it go today?

Got my report card, 7 hours of B's and 3 of C's.

The C was in sociology and to say the teacher sucked at life is an understatement.

My girls have some stories about crappy college teachers that are unbelievable. Sometimes teachers get college teaching gigs because they are the low bidder. I'm sure you gave him/her a great evaluation.

did some slaving today. bought an external HD for the comp, setting up the auto backup system as we speak, too many times I get nervous about jittery hard drives....
sigh.

and the boy smiled at me when I came home, its all good after that. :D

hope you replaced at least the rear seal, Squish.

Rear main seal? I don't know why you'd think I woulda replaced that when I said I never even touched the clutch. If I had the time and inclination I woulda done the pilot bearing but nope not that either. Just the transmission!!! This way no pulling the bellhousing and digging into further cans of worms.

Anyways the truck is shifting well like it has a new transmission. Everything appears to be working great.

Oh yah made money today instead of spending it, felt good.

I took the day off today and did nothing. Slept about 4 hours and watched TV. I don't have any work lined up and I should have worked on my truck but I was all worn out going to visit my wifey and the mother's day stuff and ferrying my daughter around.

Good deal on the new transmission.

My chip truck is hanging up downshifting into 3rd gear. How about coming down here and taking a look, you know when you get a chance.

Nice day. Did a quicky Red Maple and Cedar removal this morning. Also edged a flower bed for the lady. Then went to put together furniture from IKEA for the gf. Will never do that again. Keep your significant other away from IKEA or you will suffer the same.

IKEA is ok for starter stuff but it usually doesnt last the long term. my trick was to take the allen wrench they give ya, cut it off so its an "I" shape instead of an "L" shape, then you can slap it in your cordless drill and get to building without killing your fingertips! :D

I hived a swarm of bees today. A neighbor called and told me they swarmed out of a tree in their front yard. They were hanging in a small blue spruce in their front yard. I backed my pickup underneath them and shook them off the limb on to the top of the frames in the hive. After a few minutes I put the top on and drove them home. They are quite interesting to watch once you get over the fear of being stung. The frames I have in the hive just have bare foundation in them. It is a sheet of wax with the shape of cells imprinted in it. The bees have to make the cells deeper with wax to be able to store honey, pollen, and to raise brood in. They prefer a hive or bee tree that already has the cells drawn out. I put a couple swarms in this hive in the past and they left for greener pastures. Looks like these are going to stay. I'll try and get some pictures posted.

Rear main seal? I don't know why you'd think I woulda replaced that when I said I never even touched the clutch. If I had the time and inclination I woulda done the pilot bearing but nope not that either. Just the transmission!!! This way no pulling the bellhousing and digging into further cans of worms.

Anyways the truck is shifting well like it has a new transmission. Everything appears to be working great.

Oh yah made money today instead of spending it, felt good.

gotta use the clutch now?

got a weeks worth of wages in the mail today so im a happy camper

sorry squish, I thought you had everything apart including the bell housing

No worries, like I say if time wasn't a issue I woulda done a little more but I figured everything else was working fine before (clutch wise) so no use risking taking it all apart and having to wait another day or two for a clutch or seal or something. I may kick myself down the road but I've got to much work lined up right now to be down for any longer than I was.

Used a bucket today on a storm damged hung up poplar.
It was nice not having to think about how to cut a tree, its been years sence I have used a bucket. Have to admit its nice where theres no TIP and its a booby trap to fly on. Bucket helps on jobs like today. Still boreing thou.
Got a call today for topping out about 60 trees for a vista pruning job, should take 3 days.

I took out a power line today. 100' pine tree over the power lines, 60' bucket, tried to jump the top out into the street but it sprung back and the butt went straight through the wires. :( I got the other 7 down ok though.

And the worst part is that the guy I was working for is kinda sketchy. I doubt I'll get paid for the day and I'll end up paying for the power company to fix the line as well.

Back