How'd it go today?

Rain, so I spent a decent amount of time doing paperwork. Trying to use the shitty plans from yesterday. I'm half tempted to drive to the engineer's office, and kick him in the balls. They have no business doing highway design.

Spent the rest of the day tweaking my computer, and tidying things up that were slightly broken. Fairly pleased with my wallpaper selection. I like to have seasonal, and mostly nature themes. This setup is kinda aspirational. Still like satan's outhouse around here :^S

Screenshot_20210917_145045.png

Now Stig, some fat fucks are useful (go back to my mini skid reference about weight compensation and Rajan's ballast story). I don't mind helping them out if they want to help themselves, and I will be sure to work them hard.

John,
Are you running the latest stable release of Debian? Bullseye? (Too small an image on my phone to see much snd couldn’t hack your network to type “uname -a” in a terminal)
Seems Debian 0.91 was an awful long time ago… I’ve gotten pretty lazy. Only using a Mac and not a single Linux box running these days :(

Last edited:
Yea, it's the latest, bullseye. This is my almost identical home computer. I use plasma at work, and xfce at home. I like both. I've used xfce for years, but I don't like what gnome's doing with gtk, so I wanted to tryout a qt desk to have an escape plan if gtk gets too bad.

eXk0atJ.png

Nutball... I recently saw a blue bee on reddit. I just looked at the pic, then did something else, so I'm not sure what it was about, but it's cool and strange.

F is an expensive letter, too. My wife moans that the farm is costing a lot of money. We don't have a renter right now (I am glad as hell, too). So it takes some moolah to keep the power running the HVAC in the homeplace and the cabin...to keep humidity down so you don't get mold. We rent out the fields to a cotton/soybean/peanut farmer and that helps. But for now I am kinda " standing in a cold shower while tearing up $100 bills ".

And loving it.... :D

That AC vs humidity and mold thing- I didn't realize it was indeed a thing until recently, so I get it, but I also wonder what did folks do before the advent of AC?

Houses weren't nearly as airtight as they are now. Lots of air movement, and they also simply lived with mold and got sick.

Now Stig, some fat fucks are useful (go back to my mini skid reference about weight compensation and Rajan's ballast story). I don't mind helping them out if they want to help themselves, and I will be sure to work them hard.
Yes but the kid wasn't fat just a big dude.

They sweated and got moldy.
Nope.
They stayed out of the hot places.
I saw a video about the invention of air conditioning (which I could probably find, if I wasn't posting on my stupid phone)
It showed the way peeps moved into former unlivable places in the US after air conditioning became possible.
That BTW is also one reason the US is the #1 at energy consumption per capita.

Awesome. Day six of sitting/laying around trying to get a broken collarbone to heal. Anyone here had that before? I’ve never been a patient person and this is nagging at me. I can pull/shift until it’s right where it needs to be...get up to go to the bathroom...reach for a glass...anything...and it pops back out.

Never a collar bone. But Ive dislocated my shouder bad enough that it reminds me if I push something wrong, slept wrong or pulled to hard. Ribs too. So I feel ya to some degree

They operate on few collarbones these days. It will heal without surgery. Just takes time to set.

Cory, I was bush hogging a trail down to my shooting house. Went under a bowed over tree. Last week my dad had gone under the highest point. I wanted to widen the swath beneath it so I held to the side a bit. The roll bar caught it and swept it forward (as has happened many a time) but this one was long/tall enough the tips got under my right tire (tree was on my left), essentially cranking it down onto me. Came down across my right shoulder, and the terrain and winching effect of the limbs under the tire actually turned the tractor a few degrees before I could get it stopped.

Last edited:
Back