How'd it go today?

Went back to that silver yesterday. Got chased out around 1 by thunder and lightening. Rain out today so I put miles on the truck looking at trees (my new term for estimates). Still ended up soaked by 8 am looking at a clearing job with waist high weeds around it. Got home early enough to do a few things around the house before dinner. Hoping the kids fall asleep by the time I get done with my shower so I can go lay down and the wife can work on these knots in my shoulders.
94& 1/2 hours since my last sip. Doing ok I guess

Hang in there. I am all about no sips, Rich. It is a gift to yourself and your family. I know because I grew up in it...I was the kid watching it all happen...very much shaped how I dealt with substances ever since I was first ever aware that alcohol could be a problem at about age five.

got beat up at work yesterday....started at 0630 with a 3-month-old coding, then two serious burns.... a couple of car crashes, a shit ton of covid patients getting tubed, ended with a sedation record for me.

The dude would not go down for us to reduce his ankle: 300mg propofol, 24 of Etomidate, 150mg ketamine..........only was down for about 10 min while we splinted. Doc was laughing and asking me if that shit was expired. The dude was talking the entire time....up until the special K...lol

peds codes suck...especially when it doesn't end well. Hard to explain to the family that it's going to be a medical examiner's case and we cant leave them alone with the body. Sucked...then

been a wild run of shifts. Today is my son's 15th birthday. Going climbing.....inside. Major flooding last few days here.

First of about ten days doing my buddies chores on his farm on the way home form work. He took a couple dogs North to train them for Bear season. Hoping the cows stay in this year :/:

Whole saw probably has under 30 hours. But it is around 30 years old probably.

Hopefully switch it to a rim sprocket.
Let’s see if any of my local dealers have a clue what I’m asking about.

Miserable. Summer's really getting me down. Work was about as easy as it gets, and I left early, but it's too hot to do anything. Just go home and hide in the house. I still have a ton of stuff to do on my project at the office, but it's too yucky to deal with it. Get home, and I could do some trimming around the house, but don't feel like it. Need to make grass shorter soon, and it's 85° as far as the eye can see. Not sure how many more years I can deal with this crap...

Rain. I took all the keycaps off my keyboard, and cleaned everything pretty well. Also cleaned my desk...

IMG_20210820_123907.jpg

Yea, yea. You should have seen it before. :^D

Back