How'd it go today?

Was cleaning out the cellarway today and found a cat skull. I wonder which kitty it was? I neglected the cellarway for awhile, so there was all kinds of stuff down there. Nasty today. I was outside for ~.5hr, and was drenched in sweat. Summer's literally the worst. I'd have shot myself 20 years ago if this is all life was.
There is an igloo with your name on it up around the north pole, John :).

Got tired of waiting on friends and decided to cut down this tree in my yard today. First time in climbing gear in over 10 years. Couldn't get the saddle up over my fat ass because I'm 40 lbs heavier than the last time I put it on. Strap broke on my gaffs so I rigged it with some heavy duty zip ties. Only took me 90 minutes to brush it out but man am I rusty! Every cut was scary. I forgot how difficult it is to keep your body out of the kickback zone when on gaffs. All I could see was the saw kicking back on me. Thankfully no surprises and my fat ass is in the recliner for the remainder of the day.

20210606_103834.jpg 20210608_092500.jpg 20210606_103924.jpg 20210608_092509.jpg 20210608_093524.jpg 20210608_095909.jpg

No idea what it is but looks cool, and I very much like that color.

Does the top come off? Looks removable.

Did you ever find anything interesting in those, Jim?

Like Edmontosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Triceratops, or Tyrannosaurus.

Fog too thick to golf this am, so I got a ton of stuff done that I'd normally be dodging customers to finish. hands are pretty torn up from fencing but it's done for the year hopefully...

Managed to score the only "military grade" flip phone available in the big city today. Should be up & running tomorrow.

Left AT&T after ~40 yrs due to poor service and them shutting down the 3 G network my phone runs on.

View attachment 111794
Playing in the tar pits.
So you have oil on your property? Black gold, Texas tea?

Took a rain day but no rain. Watered my trees, again.
I had a sketchy norway maple to flop yesterday wrapped the trunk with chain cinched tight with a binder and it split into three parts when it hit. The chain was key in its flopping. Bad spot inside corner of a fence at one of my cemeteries. Wake the dead.

Went and cut for a customer by the hour this morning for four hours. Then went and got an uprooted/hung up pine for another customer. Topped the truck off and got to see a bald eagle over my cousin’s farm on the way home. Good day.
Bald eagles are making a come back here in the last five years. Good to see but I am sure people will call for their deaths when more small pets go missing.

That's a little warmer than I'd prefer, but I'm just nitpicking. That's amazing for June weather. It was 90° with heat index >100° today. 4.5 months to go...

edit:
and by that, it can be inferred that my day was shitty. Did I ever mention I hate summer? Y'all are probably surprised, but yea, summer sucks :^D

Put in some window AC units, moved a washer and dryer for my future mother in law. Did some mowing, weed whacking, raking and swimming pool maintenance. Bought some excellent kaiser rolls and a bunch of deli salami, capicolla, turkey, bologna, ham, roast beef, provolone, and pepper jack cheese so everyone can just make sandwiches. Too humid to cook anything.

Back