How'd it go today?

Rich, my friend. Your hand looks so much better than just a few weeks ago. What comes to my mind, both right after your accident, and today as well is...not much more depth of cut, and you wouldn't even have fingers to work on rehab with. Luck can fall on any of us, and sure has done so in my case, more than a few times.

I know without any doubt that you can get back to decent function. You can and will. It will take work...but you are not unfamiliar with that concept, as we all have seen.

Otherwise, this old cranky piece of crap will have to fly all the way across the pond and kick your azz into gear :lol:.

Which, even with one hand not working so well, I reckon would mean you could make that day a miserable one for me :).

Heck, you could turn Haakon loose on me, and I would be burnt toast :D.

You've got this, sir.

Last edited:
For an old broke down retired guy, I did good today :).

Repaired the recoil starter on my beloved MS 200 rear handle, fixed a leaky faucet in the master bath, replaced the mower deck drive belt on the JD125, and ran the DR All Terrain mower down the roadside ditchline per our annual agreement with the county so they do not spray there.

I totally deserved my scotch on ice, in the lovely afternoon sunshine, on my front porch :).

Rich, my friend. Your hand looks so much better than just a few weeks ago. What comes to my mind, both right after your accident, and today as well is...not much more depth of cut, and you wouldn't even have fingers to work on rehab with. Luck can fall on any of us, and sure has done so in my case, more than a few times.

I know without any doubt that you can get back to decent function. You can and will. It will take work...but you are not unfamiliar with that concept, as we all have seen.

Otherwise, this old cranky piece of crap will have to fly all the way across the pond and kick your azz into gear :lol:.

Which, even with one hand not working so well, I reckon would mean you could make that day a miserable one for me :).

Heck, you could turn Haakon loose on me, and I would be burnt toast :D.

You've got this, sir.

Thanks for the kind words.

I am feeling pretty confident about things. It will take time but it isn’t impossible.

Jim, I clipped my fingers with a circular saw about 5 weeks ago. needed a 4 hour operation ti rebuild the damaged tendons and nerves.

Was a bit of a mess but seems to healing well. Cheers

• Wow
Reactions: Raj
Rich,
That’s looking better than the first photos! Keep up with the physio therapy.

Borrowed a friends old Morbark. Similar to the one I had back in 1987 to 1991. Blew a hydraulic line after ten minutes. Ran out and had one made up; back to chipping an hour later. Too rusty to decipher the serial number on it. Need a rebuild kit for the old Zenith carb. Have to close the fuel tank petcock or the fuel siphons out through the leaky needle valve.
Could hardly hear the equipment running with all the racket from the 17 year cicadas!!

View attachment trim.056D852C-05ED-49AA-A088-7F99F13E50E6.MOV
323D9343-D945-41DE-9E23-463E008965EA.jpeg
69E15E78-5BB7-4C7D-ACDF-359C3F2D1963.jpeg
View attachment trim.4928315E-4C55-4975-8BB3-34BFDB253CD6.MOV

My big accomplishments today were grocery shopping, and making a friction saver. Turned out a little longer than expected. I left 2.5' for the knots, and it ended up long. Not that matters, but I've been trying to note how much rope a knot uses. It always kinda surprises me. I used beeline as the test, and I guess it uses a bit more due to stiffness, at least until it gets set good. I need to figure out exactly what I need for friction hitches. My setup is kind of in limbo atm, but once everything gets firmed up, I want to know exactly how much cord I need for a hitch.

I love the old marvel/zenith carbs, so easy to work on, and easy gaskets to cut if that's all you need.

is that dude pushing shit into the chipper with his foot! sketchy as hell
Not used for little shit. Pitchfork, coal scoop shovel, or a branch is used for that. Just the fat sections that just bump along against the infeed rollers not going anywhere. He is kicking the end of a three and a half to four foot long log section to force it into the infeed rollers to get them to grab. The old chipper doesn’t have the hydraulic lift to open the gap between the rollers. He keeps hands on the actuating bar. As soon as it starts to grab he halts the forward progress of the piece to assure he is clear and not snagged on anything, then restarts the inward progress. Not ideal, I guess you could stop and cut a taper on the ends of the blunt log sections to get the piece started between the rollers to grab it. You can see him reach for the next length toward the end of the clip.

We did some work for a local police detective many years ago. He showed us some crime scene photos of a tree guy who got a foot stuck in the feed wheels. His hips were too wide to fit through the infeed opening but one leg was completely gone and the other leg was bent back parallel to his body with that foot alongside his head. He bled out within minutes right there on the infeed tray. Those images cured me of any desire to use my foot as a pusher.

Cleaned all the leaves off the roof from my Claret Ash now they've all fallen, and there's a bit of rain coming maybe.

Then fired up the dreaded hedge trimmer for a job tomorrow, haven't used it for three years now. Hate doing hedges, even took mine out when I moved here. Neighbour wanted it gone as well, so I was happy to do it. At least there's no palms up here.

Steve,
I am equally amazed and annoyed when my hedge trimmer fires up after a year or more of sitting being ignored. Just once I’d like to say, “ Sorry ma’am but my hedge trimmer won’t start. You’ll have to get someone else” 😂😂

Back