How'd it go today?

Wife and S-I-L took all the kids yesterday to some indoor park and we ended up with 3 extra kids last night somehow. I spent the day hanging out at the local arb store. Bought 200’ of mardi-gras and observed while he spliced it up. Also compared gear and experiences with several other customers. Basically a day long BS session.
Trying to get motivated to go outside and move logs for milling and move more firewood. Supposed to have a cold snap moving in sometime this week and I’d rather not deal with it then. It’s 11*F right now. I might put a splice in the other end on one of my damaged climb lines later.

I'm hoping for the cold snap. I'm running out of dry wood, and couldn't get to my ash cache yesterday. It was too slippery to get up the hill. The line's too tight with the fences, and it would have turfed everything up too bad to be worth the effort.

I cut down a big maple friday. Basically, a 36" trunk with a broken and heavily rotten top, all the crown left was a massive limb overhanging the gravel driveway and a rotten pergola. I climbed to piece the limb, almost as big as the trunk itself, maybe 28". As I was "ordered" to do it quick to spare time for the other condemned trees, I bombed some big stuff and made a set of nice dents in the ground. I didn't touch the driveway though. Then the trunk, an easy fall once all this back weight was removed. The hollow top exploded on the ground, revealing a big hornet nest. Luckily it was dead, or otherwise, we would be good for quite a run !

Nice job saving the bees, Stephen.

It looks warm and dry there, particularly since I just got done snowblowing 8" off the driveway. Wearing boots, waaaaaaaa :lol: :|:

Last edited:
What's the name of that snow capped mountain off to the right, have you been up there?

Do you often work Sundays?
No. Not if I can help it. But between weather and the mono wind destruction (more weather) we are swamped with work. Behind schedule and the phone has not let up. We are currently booked through May.

Fodder. Solo'd this so the lads get a day off before tomorrow. Ill take some time next weekend. I have a trap tourney and a wife .
It rolled toward the shed btw. Knew it was going to, why I took that lower limb off first and angled the face further out. But still did it. Only tickling after bondage. 20210207_103129.jpg 20210207_103139.jpg received_249136750106155.jpeg 20210207_103651.jpg 20210207_103733.jpg 20210207_103632.jpg

I was actually suprised to get a face in it. Certainly a barber chair candidate.
Seems I never took my carbide chain off this week. Every tree full of metal. This one was no exception.

Back