How'd it go today?

The live oaks of Savannah are incredible! Looks like a really tricky climb, but you can probably get away with a really small tie in point.

What are they being pruned for? Deadwood?

B, duh.

I meant do they work for Dan's company in maybe a different office or some chit like that, or did he reach out inextremis to get climbers outside the company. And if so, how'd that work.

Got started on a boundary today, and helped the boss load some roof trusses onto a trailer. My back feels like it's on the verge of tweaking out. If I do something just a little off, I'm gonna be screwed. Chilly day, and pretty windy. The job I was on had *a lot* of dead oaks. Troubling. Something's happening to oaks around here. Haven't heard about oak wilt or anything, but something's going on...

Truck looked a little off kilter from the rear this morning; thought it was just sitting in a low spot in the drive. Nope, broken rear spring shackle (rusted out). Looks like they both need replaced. bringing it in Fri to have it done.

2021-02-03 05.54.10.jpg

dddd 007.JPG

Ah yes, the leaf spring hangers and shackles.... been there a few times. Good thing is it's not that bad. I do recommend pulling the bed if it's the rear ones, makes it so much easier. I would check the hangers themselves too while you are there, it's not that much more work to grind off the rivets and bolt the new ones on. To get the old shakles off the easy way is to hit them with a touch and simply let the rubber burn away. Don't breathe the crap tho!

They're lucky. Nothing I like better than working with rusty steel. It always makes the job a real treat D^:

Back