How'd it go today?

I'm trying to get enough to fill two sets of cans for the 550 flat bed

take one set in for filling, use the hooklift to take that to the fermentation room, when that is ready (about 33 days) take it in to be jarred, pick up the next load of cans and take them to the cabbage copacker for filling.

I'm thinking you could easily fit 25 cans on the back of this hook lift stake body without double stacking. That would be around 3500 lb load. If we get busy, we could even double stack them and stay within GVW+ 1,000. 20210115_165228.jpg

Damn!!!, you let your son have a ‘propositioning’ valve in his truck?!?
Sheesh, my Dad would only allow a ‘proportioning’ valve; said, there’ll be time for that other later... 🤣🤣🤣
Stupid auto correct :lol:

This is great father- son time. How old is he now?

Levi just turned 15. So he will have a permit by July.

So the line, like, comes up out of the screen and connects with you to read your mind and starts filling in the blanks????? Must be fun being you! :D

Well, mono wind event. Trees down everywhere. Power out. Phones ringing.
My guy Ty had two cedars fall on his work truck, so we'll go dig him out first. His dingo is down so he'll need ours. His wheel motor on one side needs rebuilt.
The off to assess damages elsewhere.

Well, its a disaster zone. Primaries and trees all over the roads, power poles broken and hanging. What did not just snap off, up rooted. Trees through houses and buildings. One building burnt down after the tree hit the power line and the roof. I bet the area we were in does not see power for at least a couple weeks. We lost power about 6am and it just came back on. We share the grid with the hospital so its usually quick to get fixed. Looks like more a hurricae came through. Trees all laid out in basically the same direction. There had to be over 60 mph winds to do this. Some are estimating way higher, but still looking for the official report now that i have power.
While i was looking for a way in to get ach place or cutting in, Levi decided to try and ride a friends dirt bike and fractured his foot. Katy ranvuim to the hospital and such. Now crutches and a split for him for a bit.
We cut Ty out first. Three trees smacked his truck but the large one just missed the new porch. Truck is buggered. Told him to make a little flat bed out of it.
You would go one way, road closed as they cleared it. Then cut in. Then find another way around to the next place to cut into.
Supposed to be more winds tonight.
Wish I had got more pics. Just crazy day. See if I can find some on line. 20210119_104925.jpg 20210119_104849.jpg 20210119_104903.jpg 20210119_114114.jpg 20210119_114154.jpg 20210119_114141.jpg 20210119_104828.jpg

I love it on the ones still standing. Just standing, until i slay them. Seems everyone of them are over a bed room. Some told me they moved to the living room to sleep last night. I told them they need a couple more nights in the living room.

Sherriff put together a little montage this morning in their travels.
Any sense of control that we have is an illusion. One small wave, from a geological perspective, almost took out the whole northern hemisphere. When the big one hits, life, as we know it, will never be the same. SO enjoy the ride while you can. Good luck out there. Looks like you're going to be maxxed out for months. The kids tend to want to be heroes when disaster strikes. Keep an eye on 'em. and that's a shame about that Tacoma. Nice trucks

Back home from surgery.

Guess all went well. Kinda feel & look like I got punched, but not too bad.

Cancer didn't make it up into the cartilage evidently...just took filler material from face.

Seem to remember waking up all at once and being held down by several nurses somewhere along the line but then going back to sleep.. :dontknow: :lol:

Thought I'd outsmart them & wore long underwear to stay warm...ended up with NO underwear! :|: Guess I showed them...:lol:

TBH Cory, I really did not need the work. I was already booked into April.

This one fell apart in the winds. Ive pruned it in the past. Previous tree guy, more prominent one here, had cabled it up top. Used J lags and steel rope, spliced it even. The winds broke the lag and had already started breaking the wires. It was due for a cable further up in a couple years, glad it failed before they hired me to do it. Sketchy getting it down. At least 48-50 DBH and 135 feet tall, may be tad higher. Used a 350 foot hank of 1/2" to lower limbs and top it. Was not much rope left on the ground when the top was on the deck. Had to strap the bugger since there was an inclusion that was showing signs of failing. I left the strap up there and some green on it. It doubles as an attacment point for the house service. They will need a new pole placed and service done before I can finish the removal. Probably be a few years before they get PG&E to actually move on it. They (HOs) are doing a lot of the cleanup. Hit that oak pretty good. Once they clear the ground, ill prune the damage it took.

6 hours on spurs.
20210120_084756.jpg 20210120_084835.jpg 20210120_084840.jpg 20210120_084902.jpg 20210120_084944.jpg 20210120_084957.jpg 20210120_145246.jpg 20210120_145315.jpg 20210120_145327.jpg

Last edited:
Back