How'd it go today?

You ever been to their auctions there? In Morris? If so you would be in heaven man, anything for equipment you can think of, all for sale. I went 1 year and they had sideboom dozers parked like a used car lot. It's where i bought my crane truck, got my chipper and trailer at the utility auctions further downstate. Damn near bought a truck there, absolutely insane to see those in person. Millions changing hands left and right. After i paid for my truck for 3500 bucks, i watched a guy buy 2 huge tractors for 375k in about 2 minutes, blew my mind.

Let it happen naturally, until you see one you can't believe it. All no reserve, no begging, just sold. I heard a few years ago they did one in Orlando on a 3 day weekend that did over a billion, with a b, in sales. They are global, and have one by everyone here.

Fairly unproductive weekend. Just not motivated. Yesterday I was up til 1am watching the whole season of The Haunting Of Hill House. Good show, but the last episode was a little weak. Today I made another BDU saddle pouch for my work system...

IMG_20201206_131418.jpg

I'm gonna try to make a ghetto grapnel out of heavy epoxy coat tiewire. Won't be able to pull as hard as the real thing, but it should be stout enough to do some work. Not sure if I have enough wire. I'll have to scavenge more at work.

Not overly productive here either. Climbed and dead wooded a large white oak and flew the magic carpet for a large red oak yesterday. I was almost home and one of the guys called saying he couldn’t get his PTO to engage. Dump is only 5 minutes from home so I went over. Mechanic forgot to tighten the cable after installing a new clutch. No big deal. Went home and wasn’t feeling well. A bit achy. Made dinner, ate, showered and was asleep by 7:30. I’ve barely moved today. Body aches bad. Been drinking plenty of water and Gatorade hoping I’m just dehydrated. No temp and no nausea. Sucks because I had a nice list of things I wanted to get done but decided I better rest. I just need to get motivated enough to load up gear for work tomorrow.

Yeah I've been there, we all have. When you get knocked down, just gotta roll with it till youre allowed back up. You'll be back soon enough. Coupla weeks from now, you literally won't even remember a little foot dragging this weekend.

Awesome pic.

Yes, hella storm though just rain and wind down here in the southern reaches. Cold as fuh now

IMG_20201205_150129170.jpg

Couple 5 hours of work yesterday, couple today. Dry!
I climbed two small, live firs, for removal. Dropping this one close to the neighbor's house meant not climbing a dead, crusty alder, which meant not climbing an adjacent big fir for a high TIP.
Started up big-ish fir removal, overhanging the house and deck.

Been busy on non-work/ family stuff for the last week.
All is well enough.
Everyone is healthy!

23' travel trailer is now in my 23' deep barn, doors bulging an inch.
They need remounting, which will give me 8" more of depth, and more importantly 8" more width. Tight, tight.

Needs some caulking/ sealing, and outside weather is uncooperative.

Attachments

• IMG_20201122_145927609_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201122_145927609_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
The work on the shute look good from the outside. Whats it like inside?

A few of the guys in the UK had similar problems and had them welded up. The slightest uneven surface on the inside would catch some material...
I forgot to answer you Rich. I used lap joints. So the over lap is in the exit direction exposed inside the chute. Hope thats clear as mud. Stuff would have to turn around backward to get stuck.

Back