How'd it go today?

You will eat more and usually not feel sick. Thats all. A doctor sees zofran as having the same results with less side effects. He simply wasn't going to sign off on it like it's medicine, i understand that.
Interactions and undesirable side effects was what I was talking about.

The ninja had one, he loved it.

Giant speakers in the way back.

He'd had it airborne more than once.

He showed up for work one morning, the truck looked like it had been sprayed by a firehose spraying mud, every sq inch covered except where windshield wipers pushed it clear. He had absolutely no idea how it got that way, but the back seat was full of fire extinguishers, did I want one. :/:

On it's last trip, the ninja was extremely inebriated, he backed it out of his mother's driveway super slow and carefully cuz he knew he was blind drunk. Made it out into the street and then floored it directly into a tree in front yard., demolished it.

I have a feeling its stronger than when I bought it almost 6 years ago. :dontknow:
Just had new shoes mounted to rims. 14 ply.
I lost a tire a couple years ago, no 14 ply local, just 10 was the best I could get short notice. Wore right out pronto. Even with rotation. One side of that beast is heavier.
So install those and get it back to the job on Monday. Twice Ive hit trees on that site. Because we keep moving the chipper for traffic and its a long drive way with not much for pull outs. Construction traffic. Be happy when this one is a wrap.
Hell, you need my 4x4 in low to pull our chipper and dingo out.

Never thought about wearing out tires like that. Bummer. You gonna keep an eye on these and swap the two around when they start wearing funny?

Yes. The original 14.ply wore different, but I did not catch the obvious in a timely fashion. And to be honest, I just thought one tire could be newer. Then I got the new 10 ply and it became more obvious. But even with rotation, that 10ply was a weak link. So I ordered one's in 14. Man can you feel the difference. Heavy! The tire machine whooped that 10 ply right off, but struggled with those 14s.

I have a feeling its stronger than when I bought it almost 6 years ago. :dontknow:

Reminds me of a favorite book, ironically about rope work, 2 years before the mast. He goes into how a ship is most seaworthy as they come into port, because they were constantly making it so. All my stuff is junk that i fixed up too man!

I think I can honestly say that chipper does not owe me anything at this point. 6 years and all the beetle kill we put through it. Just keeps on chugging. Little repairs here and there. Standard maintenance. An injector pump rebuild. New tongue jack. New Brakes and tires. Cant complain, knock on wood.

Oh i hear you. My pipeline welding machine that basically was my entire income was a 500 buck junkyard find while my buddy and i were hammered trying to build a pontoon boat :lol: A family friend rebuilt it for me, and it's like a brand new machine, that welds like you wouldn't believe. In third gear it will push an 1/8 6010 clean through a 3/8 plate, and it has 5 gears.

2 years before the mast is a great book.

We did a little job for the travel fund today.
A dying pine where the top had to bve dropped on the street.
So an early saturday morning with almost no traffic was perfect.
Had a few neighbours grumble about being woken up, but once they heard my reasoning, we were good.
My former apprentice who got hurt badly when he was rearended by a sleeping german on our motorcycle trip to Norway, came along to help out as much as he can.
I needed an extra guy to help direct traffic, should any show up.

He asked if he could try taking the top out of the pine.
It worked out okay for him and he managed to put the neatest spin on it and land it on the sidewalk instead of across the road, where it wanted to go.
Impressed the hell out of our present apprentice.

He'll be crippled up some today, but was super happy to be up a tree again.
Seing him up there made me feel the same way.

Oh i hear you. My pipeline welding machine that basically was my entire income was a 500 buck junkyard find while my buddy and i were hammered trying to build a pontoon boat :lol: A family friend rebuilt it for me, and it's like a brand new machine, that welds like you wouldn't believe. In third gear it will push an 1/8 6010 clean through a 3/8 plate, and it has 5 gears.
You need bigger rod and thicker plate.

Awesome to hear about a guy getting back in the saddle!

Rajan that's kinda a test to see how hot an sa200 is set, and is why most guys weld in 3rd gear for most smaller pipe with a redface. Most smaller diameter pipe 12 inches on down is about that thick, so being able to fully penetrate just by using the machine is perfect for doing the root pass, because you always can get fully in. I'll turn down to about 40 on the remote for a bead, but i have the heat there if i need it. My bigger rods will be just hotter on the remote, but i won't change gears, so about 55 for 5/32 and 70 for 3/16. For thicker and bigger pipe you turn up to 4th gear, and the smallest rod you use is 5/32 for the root pass, and 3/16 for everything else, and in 4th gear and 60 on the remote you are damn near wide open. On really really tight fitups you can light up an 1/8 in 4th gear, and it will damn near cut the joint open. The lower on the remote you get the higher the push the rod will do, and the more it will stack up metal. Remember, this is only a 200 amp machine, its not a 400. "Light weight." I wouldn't even consider hooking a wire feeder up until you get around 300 amps for the machine, you'll burn them up if not. Someday I'll hunt down a 400 that someone is dying to lose for house fabbing, but for pipe you only need a 200.

Good to know.
There is a rental yard not far from me that is storing a Vantage 500 for some guy but it hasn't moved in two years. I asked about it but it's not for sale. Yet lol.

That would be a badass machine for most guys, i got burned by a vantage 300 on xray but that would run anything you wanted. The boards aren't cheap tho, and that's what burned me cause i didn't know until it was too late. It was during a test, and the inspector giving the test ran it and disqualified the machine. I retested later with a 300d rental, runs wet but always shot good because of it. The company owned the machine, so they swapped the board out for around 2k, but i was already over it lol. Richie bros gets those in quite often, and if was a normal year and i wasn't sick i would probably drag you out there :lol: "moral support" and all...:/:

Back