How'd it go today?

They also make blisters, but I guess gloves can fix that. I just don't like plastic. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Reading your description of the wood mod... Jeez, that's a major operation. I can fit a new handle sitting on my tailgate, and even with a particularly stubborn removal, it doesn't take much more than a half hour to do.

It’s a bit of work no doubt but I never did Something because it was easy ! I just didn’t like the composite handle on the x27 so I hafted it onto a hickory one - much better for my uses ... the 6lb and 8lb mauls feature isocore handles that are superior to wooden ones

Just finished billing a job for a neighbor that I’ve been picking away at since June as schedule allowed. Over two log trucks of pine from trees close to the house, then clearing old blowdowns and invasives for acres along the road. Over 145 man hours, happy it’s off the list.

Looks good! Bittersweet? I'd love to score a job clearing brush. The money on those stupid stream asbuilts I was doing, would have been better spent paying me to clear vines and crap from the rest of the areas. I'd have done it for minimum wage just for the pleasure of killing vines, and in the end something of value would have been created instead of the wasted money of an asbuilt.

Nice.

How do you like your Ditch Witch, I've heard they make the best minis

I got a call saying that my loan for a farm has been approved. The stress has been a little mind numbing lately.
Long story short I had to relocate my business due to zoning issues. Then a 6.5 acre parcel with house and a newer 40x72' with 16' doors pole barn became available about 1000 yards from my current yard. The house is nice but needs a new roof and a septic redo in the short future but all in all a solid nice house that will be a rental. Had it rezoned so all is good. The back 3.5 acres is rented as pasture land to the neighbors to graze their horses. The front acreage is all grass and yard for the house but the whole property is zoned A1 and is all tillable if need be. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh what a relief!

Alrighty. Just ordered this from amazon...

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002P82TKY/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nothing weird, no plastic, no strange guards; just a chunk of metal on a stick the way Odin intended :^D

Odin's weapon was the spear.
That is why when you consecrate yourself to him, you cut yourself with a spear.

Congrats on the new property, sounds awesome. Keep ya busy... DW is just amazing Cory, demoed the similar sized Vermeer (925tx?) and made my decision in 20min. Sk800 is a fine size for this area and no def fluid etc, dual stick wide track 25hp kubota. If one was doing 4’ diameter hardwood removals all day it would tip with 3-4’ chunks.

And you have a dangle grapple? Sounds like Mick is a big fan of fixed grapples. What say you??

Haven’t tried a fixed so I don’t have an educated answer. The dangle bmg is effortless after a short time using it and we do lots of snaking around rocks, trees, and hummocks so it is nice to have the load just follow along like a trailer, feeding a chipper is very easy too.

I have forks and a bucket, mostly for home use but the bucket is good for moving chips at a job occasionally too. That’s about 400lbs I took outta the truck and through the yard around stone stairs and straight into the house just using levers... Love my SK long time. A24C6D01-B057-4540-874A-5BFE38CFCC19.jpeg 2C9506ED-4D04-4067-9DCF-A25DA5EA15DF.jpeg

I almost wish the sk800 had more weight in the back. Otherwise great machine. The fixed grapple can still free swing to let loads snake around, it just doesn't let stuff dangle.

A lifelong pursuit Sean, hopefully you will enjoy it as i have.

My oldest has picked up an old guitar I was given when he was born. He has been learning a bit here and there.

This evening he came from his room and the played Blackbird by the Beatles. He missed a couple of chord changes but all in all a great effort.

I can play the intro to Mama Said by Lenny Kravitz and Redemption Songs by Bob Marley.

Never really got into anything else as a lot of my friends are really great musicians and I am pretty impatient and get frustrated.

Making some chaga extract. Smashing big chaga chunks into littler pieces with a hammer is pretty fun. Then coffee grinder to powder, add 151. Going to soak for 7 weeks, then strain and simmer chaga for a day. then mix booze extract and water extract, just in time for solstice presents

20201025_124320.jpg

Is that for flavor or medicinal use? My knowledge only extends as far as wikipedia, where I just looked it up.

Back