How'd it go today?

Jimbo, you were saying earlier that cows can take brutally cold temps without much trouble as long as they have enough food. How about those sheep, with all that wool, are they real good with the cold?

Basal prune for the the church.
Bidthis tree few years back. Its grown bigger and about another 5-10* of lean towards the hall and service. Volunteer work. Two volunteers chipped the brash while Rob and I volutarily dismantled the tree. Jose had a dump trailer he took to the dump for us we shot the chips into. 4 hour kill.. 20201017_082228.jpg 20201017_130552.jpg

Take it down from the bottom? White pine? I don't like those trees much. Nasty sticky, and they really fall apart when they hit a certain age. Upside is they smell nice while they're falling apart. Lose a couple big limbs, and the yard smells good for awhile :^D

Left a nice view of the oak...

Take it down from the bottom? White pine? I don't like those trees much. Nasty sticky, and they really fall apart when they hit a certain age. Upside is they smell nice while they're falling apart. Lose a couple big limbs, and the yard smells good for awhile :^D

Left a nice view of the oak...

Stripped, lowered the wood. No place to fall it. Service lines are at angles, and another to the hall it could reach for a total of three. Some of the limbs were wrapped around those service lines in front of the oak. I could bomb most the limbs, but not the wood. Drive way wont take the hit and a street with a school on it down hill. Swung some of the limbs too risky for power service with the HOBBS and some aimed faces. Blocked down the wood to about 4 feet. Then cookie time since we had enough material to shield the drive.

I always thought a field to finish sheep farm would be cool. Fantasizing about things I'd like to do, a place in the mountains with a water powered mill, and sheep. You could turn the sheep into sweaters and stuff, and sheep are one of the few things that do well in the mountains. Maybe in another life...

Awesome! I think I saw you head off that "buger" wannabe headbutting sheep headed towards your youngest boy! That was a great video....smiles and laughs here.

Can you get tags with bar codes on them so you just scan the tag? May not be practical in a farm setting, just wondering.

Good day with the girls and lady. Breakfast/ Saturday Cartoon morning.
Drove my new to me van to Seattle to an instrument shop, Dusty Strings, as my gf wants to upgrade mandolins, and her two daughters play cello and viola. D just started viola, too.
Pho for lunch.
A DVD player aboard is new to the 5 of us. Mary Poppins for the ride.
Dinner and now cleanup.

NIce vids!
How long will that amount of hay last them before more needs to be put down?

Our Jake dog is really helping Stig. Our two Pyrenees pups are just that.....pups. Buying a 2 year old Pyrenees-Akbash cross. He has experience training pups.

Cory, the bale and a half will last the day.

Then Jenn buckets out some safflower to them. Maybe a pound each.

They will be going out to grass once we get our dogs figured out.

Also, they are probably not the sheep we bought........so there is that.

Back