How'd it go today?

That has got to be the most disgusting kitchen I have ever seen. :eek3:

Is everybody else here going to pretend that it's ok?

Actually I take it back. When I went up to NC 15-20 years ago and met up with some other guys to work with Guy Meuller on storm work, his kitchen was just as bad. Bags of empty cans piled halfway to the ceiling. Crap everywhere.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DMc
I don't think that is even the kitchen, looks like a dining room with Jim's computer station in the background. Far more important is the whole family sitting around the table together, no cell phones out, just enjoying dessert after a family dinner.

So Brian, you hang out with a lot of good-sized busy families with little cupboard space or lack of sizable pantries do you?

Geez man, I know you're unhappy lately, but there are other more suitable directions to focus it...

ha, beat me to it Jim

I got to admit that I homed in on the Mississippi mud cake and the vanilla ice cream. Homemade chocolate stuff is one of my weaknesses. But I prefer coffee with it... Not Bud Light like Mama.

Haha! That's what I have always loved about you, Brian, you will always say what you are thinking.

It matters little that what you say is something that I agree with or not. I just find your honesty refreshing.

I personally will not judge how a person chooses to live. The choice is entirely theirs.

I'm not gonna judge Jim. My place is cluttered too, especially the kitchen. I have too much stuff...

Got some groceries today. Was talking to a Vietnam vet in line at aldi. He commented on my shemagh mask, and he noticed my Mjölnir necklace which surprised me a little. Told me his name was Edgar, and is Anglo Saxon for "fierce warrior". I just looked it up, and that isn't quite right, but close enough I guess. I think "fortunate warrior" would be closer. He was telling me war stories. Said he was a tunnel rat(he was a little guy), and talked about the stuff/people he found underground. Pretty cool guy.

Been debating on finishing up my apple removal, but I don't think it's happening today. I think I know how I'll do it, but it's too sunny out, and hot in the sun. I'm gonna be up fairly high on a skinny dead apple stalk, and I want to be as comfortable as I can be to take it on. A cool cloudy day would be ideal.

edit:
and yea, I've been hoarding food too. I don't buy a ton at a time, but I get a little extra every trip, and I'm out of room.

Sometimes. It's few cashiers. They do that to save money, and if a cashier isn't checking people out, they're doing stock. They go lightning quick though when they're checking food. They're rated on performance, and have to meet certain quotas.

That has got to be the most disgusting kitchen I have ever seen. :eek3:

Is everybody else here going to pretend that it's ok?

Actually I take it back. When I went up to NC 15-20 years ago and met up with some other guys to work with Guy Meuller on storm work, his kitchen was just as bad. Bags of empty cans piled halfway to the ceiling. Crap everywhere.
It looks to me it's more of a storage issue than a nastyness issue. IMO disgusting is rotting food, unwashed plates clutter and lack of storage is one man's organized chaos. My shop is the later to any other but me.

Back