How'd it go today?

The attached roots on the house side would probably not allow you to pull it all the way over, plus you would have little control over the exact direction of fall.

Of course I may be completely wrong, just thinking out loud as I look at the picture.

The attached roots on the house side would probably not allow you to pull it all the way over, plus you would have little control over the exact direction of fall.

Of course I may be completely wrong, just thinking out loud as I look at the picture.

I was joking Brian, I wouldn't want to deal with he rotball which ever way it was laying!!!
I did like you're idea of standing it up and falling it i any direction other than where it's at, I think that would produce the least damage, and leave the yard in a state that it could be salvaged with relative ease.
I am still suprised that the roots of this tree didn't grow any deeper than that!

wow, COOL pic of the failure. Mind if I save that on the hard drive? :D

Not at all mate, knock yer self out. I must admit, it did make me chuckle when I pulled up next to his house. Gotta love some insurance work eh? Thought about attaching the cable from my pick up winch to the top and winching it back up too......or could dismantle from the bucket. Either way, see how the guys wanna tackle it. Hoping el stumpo will drop back in resonably level so we can get the grinder on it too. Windy as f*ck last night, in fact landed work for all of Thurs, Fri and on Sat already have an Easter sycamore to knock over.

Went ok today. I made a video of the 18 inch morbar chiiper torquing verticle on a 18 inch pine log. Musta been spitting chips well over 30 feet. I tell ya the John Deer engine sure is fine. Ive never seen um torque up. By the way All new Mrobark chippers have reconditioned engines in them. That mean old engine for a new price,. Dont seem right does it.

What about using Duckbill anchors and just nailing that sucker back upright?

Ya'll missing my point . When this chipper gets a log it was designed for it torques so much the tounge of the chipper lifts up! Now howd do you feed a 19 inch log into this chipper all day? You dont! Not unless you hang tree whole (did yall see official work pictures thread?) and tag line the butt of the logs with the wench.!

Whats a duckbill anchor?

In case no one's been able to tell I've had another day of shifting work ahead and watching my repair bill go through the roof on my truck :(.

Frig I just want to get to work!!

You'll get there, Squishey. Remember I had 6 weeks and $3000 of repair delays in December and January, which all ended up being misdiagnosed and unneccessary work because the problem was a clogged checkvalve in the fuel tank. Thanks to the frustration from all that, I now have an $1120 per month new truck payment.
:|:

I'm not 100% certain but I think I've surpassed the 3g by a bit now :cry:. I'll be suprised if the bill is under that. I think damn near everything to do with the brakes has been replaced now. Thing is they worked just fine when I pulled it in there. No, this is wore past, this is wore past, this is on it's last legs. OK, just fix it. Full fluid and filter servicing on top of that some front end work and the CVI bill :cry:. Apparently I should get it back tomorrow.

I asked if it would go faster when they were done, and they said no.:(

You want they should take off the radiator cap and pull in a new truck?:lol:

Might be they need to fix the loose nut behind the wheel while they are at it:roll:

Better to get the brakes fixed now Squishy. I finished yesterday's job of removing a couple of leyland cypress trees and one rather dead pine tree that had limbs going over the telephone and cable lines and under the power lines. Loaded a bunch of wood by hand, I"m tired.

Back