How'd it go today?

Yah I have the opposite problem here still, this time of year two fires a day one in the morning and one in the evening.

We're having pretty nice sunny weather these week so I have to let her go out during the day otherwise it gets ridiculously hot in the house. Everyone keep their fingers crossed please that I get my truck back today atleast I can hopefully get geared up and salvage Friday out of this week. Even with locking pins in my forestry box I unload everything to go to a shop, better that way I figure nothing goes missing for certain.

Yesterday I had a client who was bound and determined to save money on me pruning his big leaf maple.

Each time I said I would clean up, he said no he would do the clean up. I said the job would go faster if I brought one of my guys to help rope, he said no, he could untie ropes just fine.

Funny thing is, I finally got to his house at 9:30A, finished pruning by 11:00A, and still charged him the predetermined 400 bucks.

now he has a monster pile of brush completely filling his entire back yard which will take him a week to cut up and stack, and then he has to stuff it gradually into his green waste can over the next month. :|:
But hey, he 'saved' 175 dollars!
And I made good coin for a mornings work. 8)

I got my truck back!! Only 3g on the button (3010) so all and all not to bad I suppose. A afternoon of restocking and greasing the boom and I'm good to go.

I took out 4 pine trees today. My truck is on the fritz still so I had a buddy's climber for the day. Worked pretty good, he is a beast. Three loads in my dump trailer. All I did was be the driver to the dump and the tractor driver to load the wood.

My power just came back on after being out for an hour. Just three years after getting the entire network all but replaced, and all it takes is a half inch of rain and 20 mph winds to knock out the power again. I had gone to bed but then the power came back on and I figured I'd get back up for a bit.

I'm snacking on fresh strawberries that I bought this afternoon. YUM! :P

Today I will eat big and rest much, I have two contsuions with swelling. The top of my left foot from a noob ropeman and the middle finger of left hand from cradling a top at a fork how stupid was that ha! 3 days later still looks like the finger is bee stung. WTF I am whinning aint I! The reason my finger got squash was a stubb! MB warned me about leaving stubbs this 5 days ago! Am I stupid or what!

The salt air really reduces the life of anything metal that's outside when you're in a coastal region like that. My old man had a condo on New Smyrna Beach for several years and the A/C units typically needed replacement every 6-8 years.

Back