How'd it go today?

A coaster.

o7a3ib2.jpg

For someone that can't do leatherwork, you sure make some stuff that looks like something someone would pay for :^)

I'm gonna call the Swedish(got the country wrong earlier) candle a success

IMG_20191103_171247.jpg

Need to fine tune my technique, and dry the wood more. I stuffed the cracks with noodles, but didn't use an accelerant. Couldn't get it lit from the bottom, but lighting the top worked surprisingly well. Enjoying it with a glass of scotch. Skål!

"bar size doesn't matter" :/:

Sweet coaster Jim...I'll order 8...
Boss called...had to run to the course & engage the 4wheel in a tractor for him...long day :lol:

Sister (who just brought over a huge bag of cookies yesterday) stopped in with a passel of fresh bacon powder biscuits and sausage gravy 8) Not sure if she's trying to stay warm with the oven or what, but I'm good with it! :D

Last edited:
Is the leather all homemade, Jim? Like you used to own the cow it came from and you tanned or whatever process is called for the hide?

Lotta cold, clear days. Really nice.

Helped with an elementary school garden project this morning, took some firewood to a friend and had lunch, checked in on next steps for my loader repair.

Good handiwork on that coaster!!

Firelogs are fun.

If I'm at church, my life went pretty wrong and I'm not happy about it. It's like going to prison an hour at a time(Catholic). Could be worse depending on denomination.

Gawd I hate seeing the forums so slow. I'm hoping the new forum and better mobile device interaction will bring in some new members. I'm deleting 1/2 dozen+ spammers a day. :(

You got at least a couple new members. Give it time. I wouldn't expect it to be like the good old days though. Forums have kind of died out. Reddit and facebook have taken a lot of forum's steam. I hate it. I like the forum format. Reddit sucks as a community, and facebook is spyware. When forums are done, I'll be done too.

Storm day #2. Nasty, twin stemmed, 65t toppled white pine. Amazingly landed next to a picket fence and didn't do a bit of damage (other than to the customer's bank account, courtesy of my team's cleanup service).

White pine's awful. They get to a certain age, they're a real menace. Limbs all over the place, and catastrophic failures. At least they smell good while they're doing it :^D

Nasty stuff to work with too. Brittle, weak, and bleeds pitch like nothing else I’ve seen. I keep a different lanyard with for stuff like that.

Yup, my brush monkeys learned today about the nastiness of white pine, the mess they make and the god awful sap. I've got 2 more cleanups from failures from that noreaster we had, and one of them is an even bigger white pine. Thankfully on the ground, so I don't have to climb it. Every time we get major rain and wind, those trees are the first to fall.

You got at least a couple new members. Give it time. I wouldn't expect it to be like the good old days though. Forums have kind of died out. Reddit and facebook have taken a lot of forum's steam. I hate it. I like the forum format. Reddit sucks as a community, and facebook is spyware. When forums are done, I'll be done too.
This.

New format should give ya more traffic/posts for sure ... reasonably certain that forums in general seem to get less action than back in the day , lotsa reasons why ... Gotta come up with a gimmick to get the house 🏡 rocking ! Raffle ; Saw / gear giveaway ... everybody likes stuff for free or the chance to win a $1 for the entry cost of a dime

Back