How'd it go today?

On my way to a job or estimate I look for the biggest ugliest tree on the horizon and guess that's where I'm going. Wish I was wrong more often. Have fun Mick

It's a pig, I wish I'd never seen it.
It's in the middle of town next to river, I was using the gps to find the address and from a few streets away I saw it rising over the rooftops, calling me.....

On my way to a job or estimate I look for the biggest ugliest tree on the horizon and guess that's where I'm going. Wish I was wrong more often. Have fun Mick

+1

Ha. I remember that feeling of loathing when showing up a few times. The 'f-ck, now I gotta figure this out and deal with it?'.

Gary, good to read you're on track now with your healing. Gotta listen to the pros.

Been feeding cows and working in the shop. Making progress on the shop projects.

Got half the herd moved home the other day, got tired of hauling full feed a long ways. Some neighbor's cows are in the bunch, sort them out and haul them back.

Not too much really, compared to youse guys.

Gary: Heal up soon!

Mick: PICS!!!

Still splint-handing everything. :( I saw one of the trucks of our biggest competitor while I was at the dump today. Anyone got any idea of what "Centering," is? "Centering," and "Balancing." :? Maybe it's a Bhuddist company.

unnamed-545.jpg

Hydrogen sulfide? Right? Where would you encounter this? A tanker overturned or a train derailment?

Is it used in factory settings?

We have multiple oil and gas fields in the area Gary. All the crude out here is heavy sour crude, meaning it has a lot of H2S in it. Storage tanks, treaters, production water plants, and test treaters are all sources. H2S can be released by cutting and working metal that has been in contact with the gas.

The gas does not come up with as much H2S as other places, but it is still a concern.

H2S dissolves in oil, and a tanker could overturn and release it, but H2S is not used in industry out here.

Its a big deal for us, 1000 ppm will kill you, quickly. 2000 ppm kills you with one breath.

The tough part is managing people at a scene. One victim turns into many, if they attempt rescue with out PPE. Ambulance crews have gone rushing in and succumbed.

Wow....scary stuff. You have detectors for the gas?

Is bunker gear and SCBA sufficient PPE?

Inhalation the only danger or transdermic?

My G and L 5 string is a 34 along with my Fender 5 P bass.

Not sure what my old Jazz bass is.

I have been searching for a 6, but aside from a Tobias I played in Seattle, I cant find one I like.

Been looking for a 5 string with a 35 inch scale.

Gary: Heal up soon!

Mick: PICS!!!

Still splint-handing everything. :( I saw one of the trucks of our biggest competitor while I was at the dump today. Anyone got any idea of what "Centering," is? "Centering," and "Balancing." :? Maybe it's a Bhuddist company.

View attachment 67046

Jed, forget that healthy trees have roots holding them into the ground.

"Evergreen" will center all those danged madronas that don't know what their doing (too bad for the thin bark, spurs and all that...).

dscn1430.jpg

Everyone knows ALL trees, especially those belonging to elderly people, NEED to be Wind-thinned (lions tailed), Balanced (remember no roots, trees are like tops, and stand vertical), Centered (Well don't we all), and Deadwooded (even with nothing valuable below).

All customers NEED their unsolocited salesman trespassing (current local issue, more than likely not just happening within 5 miles of my old house).

Peaceful day of climbing solo. One big fir to deadwood over a kennel, canopy raise to clear the house, and get some long, detached, perched over the garage branches down. One to fell next to the house. One smaller one to remove, and a long ago hung 40' up in the tree, street sign and wooden post that came out.

Homeowner clean-up.

He works for the fire department. More cat rescue calls to come. I turn about 1/3 of rescue calls into tree jobs, too.

IMG_20160128_153650343[1].jpg

IMG_20160128_165013353_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20160128_144439913[1].jpg

Dahlia's second run through how to tie a clove hitch.

Sorry, Princess Elsa's second run. Asking her to clip the biner and Tie, Dress, and Set will come later. :)
IMG_20160127_155004340[1].jpg

Back