How'd it go today?

I want to break into the cat rescue biz. . .

Here's the vid of my ice re-direct. It's about half way through.

Cheers

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cnz4oh9Eq-A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that was pretty cool grendal!!!
With a good redirect anything's possible!!

that video made me thing of that country song.(country boy can survive):thumbup:

Whats up with you and cats??

Thanks!

I just think it would be cool to get called out on a cat rescue once in awhile. But then I remember I live in the middle of nowhere. . .

Breakfast, then took the dog to the pet store for a bit (do this every couple days). He's doing well; gaining confidence and coming out of his shell. Played fiddle for several hours, then went for a legnthy walk around the property with Otis. Cooked up some venison backstrap my sister gave me for dinner:D

Good days have been the routine lately. Laying low, spending time with the dog, indulging in my music obsession. Life here is quiet and good.

Thanks!

I just think it would be cool to get called out on a cat rescue once in awhile. But then I remember I live in the middle of nowhere. . .

Send cards to local vet's offices and fire departments. If you have wild cat rehab center or domestic cat rescue shelter, the will get calls from google searches. My friend's wife runs a cat/ kitten rescue-fostering-rehoming. Their jackets say "Support your local cat house".

Nice day today with the family, only -18 C. Had a good time with the kids on the bunny hill as their just learning . Finished the day off with a 2 mile snowshoe.

20160131_152418.jpg 20160131_160744.jpg

Gary, he usually lays on my lap when I play fiddle, or against me if I'm playing guitar. He finally got the idea that my fiddle bow isn't a toy we are playing with :lol:

My next door neighbor has a "cool" job. He cold weather tests prototype cars....this morning it's -35 C and he was driving a Mercedes .

20160202_093537-1.jpg

Umm are you supposed to be posting pics of his test cars on the interwebs?

Super cool job to have! I'd love to be a race car driver. I mean new car tester. :D

Ahh. A spy shot. Lol.

I was just giving you the razz.

But I am jealous of your neighbours job. That's a cool gig.

As the city forester for the city of Cando, North Dakota, I have the daunting task of trying to resolve the issue of trees disappearing at an alarming rate, due to electrical utility company pruning. Some of these trees are located on private property, where the homeowners have agreed to allow this type of thing. Regardless, the number of trees involved is fairly alarming to me. I'm working toward finding a solution that is suitable to all parties involved.

This is just a small sample of the situation I'm facing. I'll keep everyone here posted as to the outcome of the discussions I'm having with the city, utility company, state forestry office, etc.

Joel

100_6638.jpg 100_6639.jpg 100_6637.jpg 100_6644.jpg

Possible solutions involve replacement of the trees at different locations, either through State Forestry grants, or vouchers offered by the utility companies. An eye for an eye.....or rather... a tree for a tree. I'm working on it. I'll keep you folks posted as the discussions progress.

Joel

Peter,

I do believe that these trees could have been pruned according to ANSI A-300 standards without compromising the serviceability of the lines, but apparently the homeowners have agreed to allow these trees to be topped, with plans for future removal. There may be no solution to the problem, but I'm not going to assume this. I'm working toward a fair solution.....one that all parties involved can easily agree to.

I have hopes of finding a quick and painless solution to the problem, but I may be a bit of an optimist.

Joel

"Yeah, we'd like to see what it looks like without the tree, we haven't made our mind up on keeping it or taking it down."

:|:

Peter,

I was never invited to take part in the discussions that took place prior to the tree work being done, which puts me at a great disadvantage in the after-action report process.

From my point of view, however, this is just too alarming to simply let pass. I plan to make appointments to meet with the people in charge of making these decisions.

Joel

Back