How'd it go today?

I napped a bit at the hospital...accidentally of course.:/:

They woke me up twice to tell me her progress

On the recovery road after icing for days on and off. Missed our local chapter comp. Certified tree worker class and a good time I'm sure. But on the bright side no herniated discs I can be mobile and the schedule was easier to rearrange than I thought. The next week will be climber training. Likely not at a better time with him just recently taking the advance pruning and certified tree worker classes and seeing the climbing competition.

Jim, I'll buy it, if you pay the shipping.

I've always wanted one.

How the hell does one get a D9 stuck?

Jim: Incredible pics.

Dave: Well done.

More of that Dog-hair today. Stringy Fir, and then the little clump of Hemlocks in the second pic. Got a pic of the great John Emmons for Cory. (He's the one in the crazy green glasses and crazy extended sweatshirt.) Boss said we got into the shop too early, so we had to go "help" another crew. John was on the ground training his New Guy, Patric. (Last shot) I thought St. Pat did pretty good.

unnamed-144.jpg You can just barely see Andy and Aaron down there.
unnamed-145.jpg
unnamed-143.jpg unnamed-142.jpg

This happened on the chipper first thing. New guy spotted it :thumbup: . ended up replacing the starter on the 84 today too. 100.00 of 2 guage, connectors and a new battery. Some make shift chafe guard and we're good to go.

Attachments

• tmp_8541-IMG_20150921_091625817_HDR-1676236132.jpg
    tmp_8541-IMG_20150921_091625817_HDR-1676236132.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 32
  • tmp_8541-IMG_20150921_094257896_HDR629730553.jpg
    tmp_8541-IMG_20150921_094257896_HDR629730553.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 33
  • tmp_8541-IMG_20150921_142704380663695.jpg
    tmp_8541-IMG_20150921_142704380663695.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 33
Only good thing about it is I'm getting a hell of a confidence boost lol. And I've learned how to work from a bucket and done quite a few crane jobs

That is good, Ttramp. Working with rookies can make you realize, hey, you've got something going on in terms of talent and experience.:thumbup:

We cant prove anything but the landowner and his people are suspecting arson or an accidental torching.

Is spontaneous combustion a possibility?

Why would someone commit arson to someone's hay?? Hmmmm, Montana....

I just cringe when I see machinery working in ash. Brutal.

Clue me in, J, I didn't know that was bad. Lemme guess, highly abrasive?

. Might get .. a D6 high track.

That would be awesome.

Update!!

Never drink and weedwack! My wife and two daughters are at the market, so, immediately after posting, I ran out to do some yard work. I was pretending to be a Viking in battle, when I mowed into a pile of my huge Black Labrador's poo. Sprayed poo all up the side of my neck. One fleck of poo literally landed on the tip of my nose. Almost in tears, I threw down the machine--it's still in the front yard--and stripped down to my skivvies on the porch. Fresh out of the shower now. Need another beer, but won't.

That sucks Jed. I've done it here at the house. Pisses me off to no end and I'm the only one to blame for not cleaning up after the dog. I've remedied that problem now. I just don't weed wack anymore

:lol: That's me too Rich. I'm mentally scarred now.

Jim: Horse manure don't count... that stuffs different from dog poo, and you know it. Either that, or you don't have a Lab.

I poked a goose egg with a jack knife once. That was bad. I shot a rotten cow with my trusty bow and arrow once too. Damn thing exploded, probably like what Stephen is talking about. It was like a pinata, but with shit, not candy.

No lab, but I have been covered with all sorts of poo over the years. The worst was when I used to castrate pigs.

Yep!

Well, the doctor said my wife was not in preterm labor. She thinks she may have been working too hard. Of course we had to go to the emergency room to find that out. I have been telling her to take it easy, she is 7 months along. If american women are half as stubborn as Kiwi women its a wonder that anyone stays married.

Back