How'd it go today?

Woke up this morning to one hell of a storm, and not a cloud in the sky. Boys decided to break a full body mirror, dog had broke his tie out again and put a hurt on the local squirrel population, and had a flat tire. So I fixed the tire, threw out the mirror, and finished the 6 foot fence just in time to watch the dog jump the other 4 foot fence so I could go buy a new stake and cable. But hey its Sunday, isn't that how they always go. Atleast I get to go to work tomorrow and get a break lol. On a side note though my 2 year old finally learned how to pedal how bike today.

Could've been two flat tires! I hear ya. Can't wait to get a break by going back to work. Mowed my lawn for the first time in a month, cleaned out my Tahoe and bucket truck, and borrowed the nieghbors bobcat to move some things around the property. Ten minutes into it something felt off so I stopped to check it out. He still hasn't replaced the wheel bearings that I picked up for it three months ago. Guess I know what I'll be doing after work this week. Did the other side last year so at least I kinda know what I'm doing. Looks to be a busy week coming up also.

The only really bad thing I got this week is that I'm working for its kinda a hack. Had to tell them what a Porta Wrap was for, they want me to spike trims, and none of them really have a clue what they're doing. Mentality is just smash it and we'll fix it later. Only good thing about it is I'm getting a hell of a confidence boost lol. And I've learned how to work from a bucket and done quite a few crane jobs

Yea, the silver thingy lol. Goes with that rope thingy and the other gadget. It's one thing to forget what is called and another to not know what is for. I'm really missing the synchronized work of last year. But have learned how bad my uneducated actions of last year really proved your patience fiddler. I'm lucky you didn't squash me like a bug with a big chunk of wood lol

Bah, You've come along fine. besides I'm used to being dumbfounded at whats going on on the ground and just shaking my head.:D:P

for those not on the inside: I have a mental block identifying a POW and I've sent Nick for "the silver thing" several times. :|:

I did get a little sleep! Back out to the fire by 9. Got home at 8. Its out finally.

Dad got the D8 stuck again while I was fighting fire, wife was out fixing fence while 7.5 months pregnant, hired man is going on vacation, I said a naughty word on the radio.

The land owner's hired man cut the end of his finger off in the door of the crawler we were using to put the fire out. They did get it sewed back on though. Then the Crew Chief on the ambulance squad called and wanted to get me to go on a transfer, then I missed an ALS transfer because I was too dirty from the fire. Busy day.

20150919_174755 (1).jpg 20150920_141338.jpg 20150920_141356.jpg 20150920_151842.jpg

Some pics from yesterday and today.

The first one is the stack when we got there, and a neighbor's hired man. The stack was 20 feet high and about 100 feet long. 300 or 400 ton.

The second one was the cable tied between the Steiger and the crawler used to stir up the pile to get some oxygen in and burn up better. The pile looked the same this morning until we stirred it up.

Three and four was just the crawler stirring it up.

Busy times there, Jim...that first picture of the hay burning looks like a mountain range burning in the far distance...Armageddon-esque there.

Worked for a drunk today. He kept offering me booze all day long which I declined, except for a little sake at lunch to stimulate the taste buds. Came home with a cold six pack.

I always found it funny working for drunks. I remember working for a few though that it seemed to make them a--holes. Man did they hire the wrong guy.

Picture I quote the job and we agree on the price I explain what's going to go down and book it. Then on the day we show up he's drunk and starts to get lippy and bossy? Lmao. More than once I've had to set people straight.

We got the D8 pulled out. Used the Challenger and my 8650 JD spraying tractor. Easy peasy. Wife got some pics of the rig setup. I will try to post later.

Dad is thinking of selling the 8. Might get an 850 john deere or a D6 high track. We dont do much dirt work anymore. Just our own . The 8 is hard to haul and hard on trailers. 89,000 pounds I think.
Anyone need a D8K for 75,000?

After 10 hours I'm home from the hospital; what a meat market...

Doc said everything went great...Sis is in a lot of pain still and reached the limit of meds they will give her until about 4pm, so she's fairly grumpy...along with the hip and neck surgery they seem to have triggered a massive headache...She's got a contraption (x rays) with eight bolts holding the back half of four vertebrae in place...they also did some extra "packing" in several discs.

She has other visitors this afternoon and tonight, then I'll go back in to spend tomorrow morning with her.

Back