How'd it go today?

I was home early, since we started at 4.30 AM.
Sitting at the computer, when this unfamiliar truck rolls up.
Turned out it was an old apprentice from almost 25 years ago.
He has his own arborist company today and was in the area, so he dropped by for a visit. We haven't seen each other for a year or so.
Man, I love when the old apprentices keep in contact.
Makes me feel like I must have done something right:)

Yes, nice touch Stig.
Good to hear you're back at it Bermy.
The work is starting to come back for me, couple of decent cedars to do plus this and that. The ship is steadying.

Lordy! Sump pump time!

Yah I'll have to see. Something weird with the almost flash flood like thunderstorm we had last night. I think I'll get off alright as it doesn't appear it's gotten into any walls. But my basement is fully finished with carpet. Pita. I've vacuumed out I bet atleast 50-60 gallons so far. All windows and ventilation running, fans going, moving everything off the floor, doing everything I can.

Stig I would imagine that's a real nice feeling when former apprentices stop by. Did he bring the beer?

Going to do my elevated work platform licence course tomorrow, 2 days...have to have it to rent anything over 10m
Taking it easy today after first day of work yesterday...everything feels ok, not 100% maybe around 85-90%...might get a practice climb in over the weekend.

Let's hear a little more about the pipeline fix...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing too major Dennis. For a water line to have Federal approval for a cost share it needs to have air valves at the high spots. A water line can air lock and ruin the pump, or a line with a lot of fall can suck the pipe flat as water runs away from the high spot. The air valves are mostly bogus and leak. When we got a cost share to put in an emergency pipe line it did not need any valves, so in theory they are good but in practice they are a pain in the ass!

The valve we dug up was at a junction of a spur line. The design I came up with uses elevation and floats to regulate where the water goes. We could not get water to the end of the spur because the air valve had a small rock stuck in it. The water went straight to atmosphere.

So we dug it up and capped it. We will install a frost proof hydrant in its place.

20150720_210024.jpg

This is my new shop frog I told everyone about. He is kinda green and hops around a lot. I think shall name him Stig. Yeah?

While we're in an amphibious mood, here's my workshop toad, I find him in many places, here he is in wheel of my grinder.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 58
Well lucky thing I've got some time here as now I'm in renovation mode. Tearing out wet carpet and underlay. Fool me once, I'll be looking into a waterproof type vinyl tile or something to replace the carpet.

I thought I could just dry it out and all would be swell but I re-evaluated that plan and can't stand the thought of their being a risk of any kind of molding. One thing leads to another and I'll probably re-paint a room or two as well. Lol.

splitting-hairs.jpg

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my toad don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

My brother supplies and fits autosteer systems to tractors. He's a bit smarter than me, and he's not here so....I can't help really.

Back