How'd it go today?

I have a spare cable and antenna that I am going to try. The old method was to use a foam marker system. It was okay, but you still oversprayed a lot.

The gps is better, you dont waste NEAR as much chemical. Too hot to spray now anyway. Time for lunch!

I suppose there is Mick. Probably straight to India!

Nice variety of trimming today, a Box Elder, 4 Norway Maple, 1 Silver, 3 spruce, 1 Pear, and a Catalpa. Also cut down a dead Apple. Nice Breeze and in the shade all day, done at 2pm...gotta love it (well, all but the pole saw/pruner).

Only hitch in the day is my wrist is hurting something fierce; had a fair amount of pain just turning the ignition key to start the truck. Going to have to have it looked at I guess, but will try to make it through the Summer first if I can stand it.

Nice variety of trimming today, a Box Elder, 4 Norway Maple, 1 Silver, 3 spruce, 1 Pear, and a Catalpa. Also cut down a dead Apple. Nice Breeze and in the shade all day, done at 2pm...gotta love it (well, all but the pole saw/pruner).

Only hitch in the day is my wrist is hurting something fierce; had a fair amount of pain just turning the ignition key to start the truck. Going to have to have it looked at I guess, but will try to make it through the Summer first if I can stand it.

I had similar years ago, it was tendinitis I think, an infection of the fluid that lubricates the tendon inside its sleeve. I was convinced there was a hairline fracture in a wrist bone. Even insisted on an X-ray. Lasted for months, I just strapped it up and got on with it. That was 15 years ago. Hasn't come back.

I've had this since last Dec. tried rest, heat, and cold so far...no effect. It was just worse than usual today...not real comfy typing even, seems to center where tendons of thumb and first finger cross, but will hurt all the way to elbow sometimes. I avoid picking up my coffee cup with that hand right now...

On another note, I just realized I made it through yesterday (anniversary of my Dad and Brother passing in 1998 ) for the first time without getting hammered or being super depressed. Must be the healing continues...

That would have been a hard one to get over Dave. The first anniversary of my mom going in a few days, but at least I knew it was coming for her.

Went in to get my will sorted today. I cleared the block in '81 where the solicitors are now, one big camphor laurel and some other trees. Just some old houses along the river and hardly anything over three floors in town then.

The green building, corner of the river and road. There was just a little old house on that block. They sure have wrecked my town.

121223-A037_xlarge.jpg

I finished hedges for now.
Tomorrow we have a slew of old oaks to deadwood.
If we can still remember how to climb, that is.

Took 6 days of vacation .Got a lot done .

Trimmed all the trees on my 500 foot driveway,hauled in 70 tons of 4-11 crushed stone,graded and rolled .Ordered a grave stone for Dar .Mowed my ankle high yard ,rained more this year than Louisiana for some reason .

My lady friend is visiting ,that's nice too .:D

My 2 & 1/2 year old granddaughter had to go to the E.R. today. Climbed into her little sisters crib and then fell to the floor while climbing back out. Daughter feared a broken arm because of the pain she was in.

Turned out to be a dislocated elbow. They easily put it back into place and sent them on their way (after x-rays).

Life is never boring for her with 4 kids ages 6 and under.

Trimmed a couple Locust, and 6 more small Maples at the Farm job today. Nic did some light pole clearance on a Mulberry. Cleaned everything up from the last two days and moved it back to the brush pile. Collected check, got hand shook and both the guy and his wife thanked us for the good work and clean-up.

Have to go back this Fall to turn a few Ash into firewood for them.

The Owner and his helper were in a pretty good mood this afternoon...finished haying at about three o'clock today.

My 2 & 1/2 year old granddaughter had to go to the E.R. today. Climbed into her little sisters crib and then fell to the floor while climbing back out. Daughter feared a broken arm because of the pain she was in.

Turned out to be a dislocated elbow. They easily put it back into place and sent them on their way (after x-rays).

Life is never boring for her with 4 kids ages 6 and under.

Lilly broke her arm that time not 2 foot from the ground. Scared me silly.. Happy she did not break it Dennis....

Little peek at some of a day we had :/:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fafeE94wcCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back