How'd it go today?

Some of those old IH's had liners that were so hard and smooth that the rings never did seat, and required ether from day one. Some were great starters and never needed it.

I saw the inside of a friends 666 IH. Damn thing was worn out but still had a perfect cross hatch.

Today was sweet!
384ed38921df471d405fea59c8c646b8.jpg
more in the milling thread.

20150417_180331 (1).jpg

Well, its pipeline season again. Got rolling on the last 4 thousand feet of a 24,000 ft pipeline.

I should say we were rolling. A one inch hose right next to the cab on the boom blew yesterday. 60 gallons of oil vented to atmospheric right MEOW!

I will say that Kobelco cant hold a candle to Cat or Deere when it comes to getting parts.

I think I would get nervous being out in the open like that. I like trees/woods.

We had an SK150 where I used to work. I liked that machine. I don't recall ever needing to buy parts in five years, so I don't know how bad it would be. We did have to take the starter out, but it turned out to be some stupid relay bolted to it that had to be bypassed.

An angle grinder went cleanly through 5/16 cable. I lost the disc gilder for my mini dremel disc grinder tool for the battery drill to clean up the excess.

Two stems are only feet apart, so my measurement was accurate, and ehs cable short and light. A couple extra inches on one side. Next time. I didn't need a cable grip. Do most people use them for longer spans?

Average cost for the basic two trunk, rigguy system with a brace rod?? I charged $300.

I am at three bills as well.

Just got her out of the auto body shop this morning. I gave her a little reward pampering for 8 yrs of loyal service.
Her heart and soul Cummins diesel is just nicely broken in...........now it's time to put her back to work for another 8.:)

20150421_130412.jpg 20150421_130427.jpg

the new truck

Wife and I decided to make a new purchase. Found this 2002 3/4 ton yesterday and brought it home today. So far I think it will do what I'm gonna ask of it. It'll haul all my gear and any trailer that I want, plus my kids have enough room all the other times. Now I just have to figure out what all the buttons do lol

Attachments

• 20150421_172538.jpg
    20150421_172538.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 59
Nice. Hope it works out for you. Those things are tough vehicles. Good luck on the buttons. I still don't know what most of them do in my Tahoe

We have a 2001 Yukon that has 170,000 miles on it. Very little been done to it except for two fuel pumps. Does the three quarter ton have a 6.0 or an 8.1?

Thanks Grendel!
Dave, I have heard people from the hills or treed up country say that they dont feel comfortable out in the open. The forest is like an embrace from a friend.
I got to be where I can see em coming!

Jim, it's been proven that living in the forest, with limited sight lines and all, is more stressful to us humans than living out in the open, where you can literally see them coming. I was just saying, that's an amazing operation you've got out there.

Deadliest catch time! Cheers fellas 8)

We finished this year's planting today.
Should be more or less square with karma for the trees we've killed, now.

Except for this.
This is the oak clear cut we did last winter.
Hard to imagine there were mature oak forest here, just a year ago, ain't it?
Now we are replanting it, but with lousy Sitka Spruce.
It is for economic reasons, since Sitka is cheap to start, as it can be done without fencing, but it is a bit like pissing your pants for warmth.
Doesn't do any good in the long run.
So it bugs me a bit, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Notice the stump height, all you PNW loggers. You can't hardly see the stumps!
P1020683.JPG P1020685.JPG

Old Danish saying about things that only work good for a short time.
Don't you have something similar in English?

T'wasn't the answer to my question, but I'm learning stuff nonetheless:lol:

Back