How'd it go today?

Okay, so I had a big skin tag on my neck that was starting to bother me. Kinda rubbed on the collar of my t shirt.

I had one in my arm pit a long time ago that I cut off with a scissors, dull scissors that spread apart.

i decided to take a different approach tonight. I held an ice cube on it until I thought it was deadened, grabbed it with a tweezers and sliced it off with a sterile scalpel out of the vaccine box for the cattle.

I had blood to my belly button before I got the damned thing cut off, stung a bit too.

Anyone else have a better method? Like a dermatologist or maybe freeze them off with a wart killer? The scalpel worked, just bled more than I thought it would, and it is kinda weird to slice your neck with a scalpel.

Reminds me of an autobiography that I read by the famous actor, Errol Flynn. In his younger day he had a job castrating cows, apparently no tools required except his teeth, and possibly something to cauterize after. It didn't at all seem to have negatively affected his charm with the ladies. I remember reading it while working in an all night gas station, good stuff.

When we had dairy animals sometimes we had extra teats removed by the vet when they were young and small. The vet explained that scissors worked better than a sharp scalpel for the reason you found-scalpel cuts bleed a lot more. Freezing might work well also. Reminds me of my Dad when he had a big flap of skin on his right hand from an injury. He wanted my sister to cut it off. She absolutely refused to his great frustration. I will have to ask my sister if Mom refused as well and she was a second choice and how he got it cut off. She told him to go to the Docs but I doubt he did.

Wrap it with a piece of cotton, cutting off the blood supply.strangle it if you see what I mean, after a few days it shrivels and falls off.

Sore and stiff today. Spent the workday cutting a stretch of pipeline yesterday. Mostly 4" black birch. Hard work. Plus I'm a little out of shape at the moment. 8 straight hours of cutting that small stuff is serious work. Plus its a half mile walk to get started and come back to the truck at the end of the day. Half mile in steep terrain with 2 feet of snow in some areas. I forgot about that it means to be in cutting condition.

There was a fair amount of good sized hemlock to fall and some 12-20" beech. It all has to be laid I to the 76' pipeline area though. Can't fall trees and let them land wherever.

Sore and stiff today. Spent the workday cutting a stretch of pipeline yesterday. Mostly 4" black birch. Hard work. Plus I'm a little out of shape at the moment. 8 straight hours of cutting that small stuff is serious work. I forgot about that it means to be in cutting condition.
Worlds best gymnasium and one that pays an income too.:)
I haven't had one of those contracts for years now and I miss it. Had opportunities to do more powerline right away clearing of small to oversized softwood and hardwood but turned it down due to having to stay in a motel all week far from home..
I'd have to drop 25 lbs to get back into my best cutting condition, that's a bit of weight for 5'-11"

Cool post, Chris. Glad y'all's backs are feeling good.

Why didn't they cut those trees with a FB, too steep?

Up at 2 am this morning and still waiting for a nap...hospital, visitors, referee arguments, phone calls....I'l sleep good tonight.

Back