How'd it go today?

Good luck with that Darin. I've always found that I had more pain before a dental procedure than after. Impacted wisdom tooth, root canals, infections, etc. The dentist visit is the end of the pain, not the beginning.

It doesn't get much truer than that Brian!!!

If it hurts bad in you're mouth, it won't when you come home Darin!!!

It doesn't get much truer than that Brian!!!

If it hurts bad in you're mouth, it won't when you come home Darin!!!

Amen!

Chipped wisdom tooth finally eroded trough, I used temporary filling material, to make it 2 days until my appointment, and then....

AHHHHH! Relief!

Man, I'm beat. 8 service calls, miles of driving, I'm ready for bed, shortly.

60 palms is a lot for one day. I assume you have a bucket? I trimmed 70 one day climbing (many years ago) but I was worthless for 2 days afterward.

5 large Black Walnut removals today for a log buyer. Chip the brush, Take the logs, leave the wood and no raking.

I love jobs that have no raking involved.

60 palms is a lot for one day. I assume you have a bucket? I trimmed 70 one day climbing (many years ago) but I was worthless for 2 days afterward.

Good Lawdy, I couldn't imagine EVER doing that many trees in a day. Concerning the 70 climbed, I wonder how high those would translate into ONE tall ass palm... :|:

they were all about 5-10 ft apart so i climbed up on then just started jumping to the next and so on and so forth until the saw runs otta gas then lower the saw and pull up a fresh one

Wrecked a big pine today.

Started in the bucket, got frustrated with access and angle so I lost the
bucket and climbed it. Felt way better climbing it.

The new bucket is too fast and touchy.

I'm sure they have upgraded in the last 18 years but my old Altec has a little inline rheostat in the wiring behind the glovebox. Have somebody hold one of the hydraulic levers open (like raising an outrigger) so the truck throttles up and then use a flat screwdriver to adjust the rheostat to set your RPM. I set mine about 1500-1600 RPM and the boom moves at a decent clip without being too jerky. Below 1300 and it moves too slow, over 1800 and it will toss you around.

Looks like I'll be playing with a 230 ton crane next week (Tuesday), 191' of main boom 8)

Why I'm sure Butch will ask, because it cost $200 more than the 80 ton and both had a 6 hour minimum, and they are paying for the crane anyways.

The 70 ton didn't have the stick to reach far/high enough.

Wrecked a big pine today.

Started in the bucket, got frustrated with access and angle so I lost the
bucket and climbed it. Felt way better climbing it.

The new bucket is too fast and touchy.

You will get used to it. We got the same booms in a center mount configuration. I wish they were faster! :O

sweet hayzeus, lets see some pictures of that noise! :)
and, uhm, that avatar? no thanks . :barf:

I'm hoping to get done in a couple hours, still have a couple hours (I hope) to take in the view from 180'. :)

I'll tire of the avatar soon enough.

Ahhh been home for about half and hour. I had to work late on repairing a downed unit all the way at the 'Beach. Hey, overtime is good money, and I can use it. :D

Now I'm getting my stuff straight for business trip here in a couple weeks.

Pantheraba, I'll shoot you a PM tonight or in the morning about the details, that I know thus far.

Made a 104 on my 3rd Western Civ test, I'm fairly certain I could miss the last class and final and still have an A, find out what I made on my research paper Thursday.

There's a chance I leave this semester with 15 credit hours of A's, that would be most excellent, my current GPA is a stunning 1.16, with 5 A's I'll have a respectable 2.5, all A's would make a 2.58.

School is easy if I try even minimally. I studied all of 15 minutes for tonights test.

I had an A in Comp 2 until this last paper, 3 run on sentences made mt A paper a C- and earned me a B- average, according to the teacher. I'm going to hire a English Masters (perferably college professor) to edit my papers.

Back