How'd it go today?

Good to read of people getting treated well by companies.

Dang Tucker, Hope tomorrow goes better for ya! I can relate to being out of shape & sore. I'm just kinda hobbling around in the morning lately 'til I get warmed up.

Knocked out the rest of a job today, drove up by home and started another.

This new job is about a 20 minute drive from home. Another small job of about a dozen Walnuts. Dropped 7 of them this afternoon. Will have to climb & top the other five or so. Several are around 30-36" dbh and they are cutting nice, should be some hood $ coming in on this one. :D

Heh no harm no foul. If the tree went its way and you still did no damage who cares about the bid. Nothing damaged, no one hurt? Sounds like you'll live to fight another day.

thanks Jim, I am. having a block heater is a happy thing.

I'm still looking for a pickup. I've been driving my chip truck to work.

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that. I have a neighbor that had absolutely wonderful luck with a Ford Ranger, and got good mileage. Must have been a mid 90's pickup.

My father in law swears by Toyota, wont drive anything else. We are both big guys, 6'3", and I was amazed by how much room they have inside.

My hired man has a mid 90's Dodge Dakota that he got off the reservation. He likes it very much. I guess all the mid sized pickups are good nowadays.

Felled an Oak for a landscaper today, nice house, the kid is his son,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 44
Wow. Is that a "moat" out front? Toyotas and Dodge diesels rule. 40 mph. winds here, rain and snow at 7000ft, my place. Crazy weather headed your way(East). Ordered the new Sony HDR-AS 100 camera today. Went with it instead of the Go Pro because of the Zeiss lens and past experience with Sony stuff. This model camera was just released yesterday. Amazon $398, but availability isn't known yet. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Pat

Here's the view from the back, poor lighting sorry, but it gives you an idea of the view from the house across the countryside
No moat Pat, that's just Tarmac. Optical illusion

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 42
Do you know how old the structure is? Do you watch the "Tour"? They show a lot of amazing architecture around France and the surrounding countries.

Sorry no, I suspect it's the late 1800s as the stonework is near perfect.
Yes, love the Tour, I think I've stated it's the greatest advert for tourism in France you could ask for.

got called in at 10 am. Was really hoping for the day off.

We were about 300 feet off the road through snow. needed GRCS, climbing stuff, ground saws, etc. hauled it all back and was ready to go home, but went to work. managed to pull over only two large Walnuts and top another. Felt like going back to sleep all day. Still fatigued and going to make it a very early night.

I think stump wood is heavy and I used to be stronger. Finished hauling wood (delivered and sold after getting paid for the haul-off). Did some choker setting to speed and ease the process. My 67yo buddy is busted up but able to operate his truck and kboom. Broke a humerus 4 weeks ago. Doing big stump cuts without a long enough bar blows. Well, had the chain been sharp enough, it would have helped. Dan would have pulled it over and loaded it, but I got a good reminder of the weight of wood, and the degree of difficulty of groundwork. Some raking of ruts and craters can go a long way to looking decent, instead of a wet pit. Area will be filled and graded maybe, so no big deal, and they saved a crane bill of 9 bills.

Collected the check. Smartphone deposit. Just had a little nap. Tired. Must feed fish.

finally a warmer day today;made it above freezing.

Got a late start and climbed all day. Boss got some more trees added to job so will be there at least another day. Fine with me as it's only a 8 miles form home. :)

Day was awesome. Pruned 1/2 of a live oak and then went and met Mike (mikethemountain) and his crew that came up this way. Had to take off early as Katy hurt her healing wound on a piece of wire and I had kids I then had to pick up.
Hopefully we can all get together and climb some this Sunday or something. His schedule and mine have been a tad conflicting. Nice we could pull off a quick meeting and gear sharing experience none the less.

Attachments

• IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 71
I have never asked her, but it may be. Could also be a controller for septic, but they are usually smaller. They also have a small barn that has power seperate from the house., Now you have me curious :lol:

Um, it's Saturday night, you must mean hello half-a -weekend.:/:

Ha no kidding. I've been polishing my new horse trailer all day man. There's a lot of paint and metal there. Definetly gonna take more beer err I mean time than I anticipated.

Back