How'd it go today?

Ive seen many a logger carry their saw like that. For some reason people that snap their chainbrake on the instant they let of the trigger get on my nerves. I used to work with a guy that would flick his wrist and snap the brake on while the saw wasn't even wound down yet. I don't know why it drives me nuts but it does.

I think more than anything the guy in that vid clip was being overly cautious in his demonstration because it was on camera .I'm not saying it's a bad practice but it's doubtfull many adhere to it including myself .

Ive seen many a logger carry their saw like that. For some reason people that snap their chainbrake on the instant they let of the trigger get on my nerves. I used to work with a guy that would flick his wrist and snap the brake on while the saw wasn't even wound down yet. I don't know why it drives me nuts but it does.

Same here it irks the hell out of me to no end!

I do the same thing w/o even thinking about it.

I'll bet his English is better than my Swedish .About all I know is oofta but I think that's slang .

A small portion of it I got the general jist .

Difference in sentence structure .

When I took 2 years of Spainish in junior high I remember the sentence structure we use in English is not as many use through out the world .The subject and verb kind of change places in a sentence .--today I am happy .--happy I am today .Means the same thing .

Our CDF guys are trained to snap the brake like that. Comes with working nasty terrain that will FUBAR you if you lose your footing with a saw winding up or down... I broke myself of the habit by fixing a few Husky oilers :/:
Still use the brake, just let the saw spool down better or drop the chain to a log or stump to stop it.

Actioning the brake time to time for starting, verification or cleaning the steel belt, yes, I agree. But I really hate to see pushing the brake each time, more over at full throttle out of the cut. That hurts my mechanical feeling.
I know it's more secure in case of tripping or to pass the saw near the ropes. But what's worries me is the heavier wear of these security parts. I don't want to take the risk of a failure just when I really need it, like when a kick back occurs.

A rain day fro me. We did 10 medium ash yesterday all removals, big wood stays cut into four footers, chip brush, and just a rake up of the biggish twigs no fines.

I'll be honest at the risk of getting flamed. I don't use a chain brake all that often. On dangerous ground of course. In tight quarters, always. But when I pull my saws out of wood, they stop spinning quickly and don't spin at idle. My chains are not too tight either. Just tight enough is all. I use the brake if handing the saw to someone also. But If I pull the saw out of a cut, and walk 3 feet to make another cut, I just don't use a brake.

Flame away. But if hurling insults and rocks at me, remember Im not new to tree work. Cant play the whole "once you get around the business more" card. lol.

Back