How'd it go today?

Drunks fighting in the elevator....pretty classic, I have to say. Sometimes Andy seems the only sane mind in a whole world full of confusion. I could see him in a starring role in the movie, 'Armageddon'.

Today went good.. Cabled that oak.. Minimalistic, but it will keep the limb the HO is worried about off the house should it fail. She did not want to spring for a more elaborate system... Oh well... I no sooner get the dang thing installed and she is talking to Rob about removing the limb again.... Ridiculous :roll: She liked the prune though and like the Tree Guard as she can't see it right up. Liked the price... She had a list of more stuff she wanted done, I just told her no... Schedule another visit. I was just not in the mood to deal with her likes today after 6 days straight in the heat. She even tried to leave and asked me to leave an invoice... I refused her departure. Told her I would give her an amount.. Leave a check with Rob and then I would leave the invoice on the door for her. I was still buttoning up the tree aloft. She left the check and took off. Turns out I forgot my wallet after leaving and had to go back anyway :lol: Took Lilly with me and she stood under the tree and asked me how I was supposed to get that rope out of the tree with both ends being tied up there to it :lol:

I sharpened a boat load of stumper teeth. I have been doing a lot of stumps lately. Monday I have to grind this massive russian olive stump we took down last Wednesday that sucker is four foot by 31" ,huge, biggest one I have seen or even heard about.

I killed some tall ass skinny trees for a fellow today. Told him 200, he wrote me a check for 250 - MY kinda customer. Those skinny suckers were hard to climb!

Hmmm. Went for a lovely ride today until my horse threw me. Nothing like riding the bucking bronk. He actually didn't throw me, after half a dozen or so bucks and things seeming like they were escalating I pushed the ejection button and dismounted in a relatively safe way. Freaked my kid right out, but I'll still be at work tomorrow.

It would make a cool story, a guy that started out in a gas station becomes a rodeo champion. Dismounting ended the dream. :(

I thought about staying on, riding it out, his buck isn't all that anyways. But I had my wife and kid with me and mostly wanted to put an end to it before things got out of hand.

Chris, I thought about whipping him but in the end he agreed to allow me to ride on his back and I agreed to not hold a grudge either.

Good plan all around lol.

Busy day today. Spent my day moving a bunch of stone with have around in the back yard and leveling some dirt out. After that I fixed up a friends old bed piece that she's been wanting fixed for awhile but didn't know who to take it too. Took me like 30 minutes to fix it, plus dry time on the wood filler. Me and her Mom put the old bed frame back together(this thing is at least 150 years old btw, her grandpa was born in it, so kinda cool to work on it) while she's at work, so it'll be a fun surprise for her when she comes home.

Tile is all layed in, he just has to grout it I think, or he might have already, I'm not quite sure, haven't been down there in a few hours. Anyways I'll throw a pic up later, looks great. All thats left is some new drywall in a spot or two, paint, and recarpet the stairs.

Today I had to worked my normal 12 hours .Yesterday however I drove south about 3 hours and attended a GTG hosted by WK Poor and family .Nice turn out ,nice crowd ,nice hospitality .Must have been at least 150 or more saws .Old ones ,new ones ,fast ones ,slow ones .Not to mention some that didn't want to start which I probabley won the prize in that catagory .:lol:

I finally got around to installing my cover it for my chip truck at the house. I spread 60 yards of gravel, and got my area cleaned up nicely. My bro and I are putting up a fence along the left side, and a nice milled white oak lumber gate over the drive. He makes some nice shit. I planted that motorcycle in the ground too. It was on a job and looked cool, so I grabbed it. Planted some flowers in it and around it, should look cool once they all grow in.

:lol:

Where the cover it sits I'd like to sneak up that pole barn, or some sort of structure. That way the bucket and the chip truck can be under cover, and the cover it can store the chipper and misc shit.

Attachments

• DSC00551.jpg
    DSC00551.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 15
I just got back from a weekend camping trip with the wife and kids at nearby Gyles Park, all recharged for work tomorrow morning.

Back