How'd it go today?

Sweet Brendon. Bet its a super-rush.

Did a prevailing wage job on my own for the local school. They decided at some point in the past to place the propane tanks under some large Geary Oaks. Rented a 50' tow-behind lift (50' platform height straight up, 30 feet of sidereach, the diagonal is the worst part of the package). Got it all pruned, end weight reduction, in 3 hours without working too hard. Erik will use it tomorrow to remove 9 dead and dying trees on two sides of a HO's driveway. Put on Ground only. Should be a good adventure for him. He hasn't used a bucket in a long time, and I believe it was always a bucket truck. Well worth the $280 for a day and a half use. Only time I've rented a lift this year so far.

The morning was full of fun emergency calls :D
uploadfromtaptalk1338136350076.jpg then this with a bid to remove the rest.
uploadfromtaptalk1338136449211.jpg
Total loss on the camper as the other side took the heavy weight.
But the rest of my weekend will be under my F-350 changing clutch and rear main! Economy clutch $450 good one 1000+ yikes!

Nice Brendon!

More work on the basement today. Went couch shopping and stopped by Best Buy to pick up a GoPro helmet cam and a new SD card. Pretty sure I found the couch I want as well. Gonna wait till we get the basement done before going back for it though.

Smoking a 11.5 pound brisket. Trying to decide if I'm goingto get washed out from the storm in Florida.

Got new led lights for the bucket truck. All but the license plate on the rear are led now.

Another long monday, killed a box elder and an old cedar today.

Didn't care about the elder, but I've been working on them for about twenty years. Sad to see it go but it had to eventually.:(

Going back to tomorrow to pick up some logs I couldn't fit on and plant two new trees.

Today was a national holiday, some christian thing or other.
I had my firewood team here, we cut and split 30 cubic meters of oak, beech and ash.
I've hired my neighbour's 17 year old daughter to stack it, so I'm all set for winter:)

( Next winter actually, I always dry my wood for two seasons before using it)

Today was a national holiday, some christian thing or other.
I had my firewood team here, we cut and split 30 cubic meters of oak, beech and ash.
I've hired my neighbour's 17 year old daughter to stack it, so I'm all set for winter :)

( Next winter actually, I always dry my wood for two seasons before using it)
I don't believe you. :)

Once she starts, I'll take a picture as proof.
I offered her $200 to stack the lot, then it is up to her how much she'll make per hour.
I figure she can do it in about 10 hrs, so she'll make out good on it.

She is one hard worker for a young girl.
2 years ago she borrowed one of my weedeaters to clear the electric fence around their horse pastures.
Started at 7 in the morning and kept going for 10 hours, them brought the machine back to me.
Around here girls like that are scarece as hen's teeth, so I like to hire her for odd jobs to encourage her.

No wind today so I opted to kill the last tree on the three tree job. My 5100 seems to have the flu, starts and idles fine but won't rev up, I'll tear the carb off and look another day. So the 046 and 350 came along instead.
Got my throw bag stuck (seems to be going around) so up the ladder I went! Set the pull line and got my bag out. Go to make the face and am just making dust with the 350! Great, another one of these days! Of course the HO is right there adding in his .02! "That tree isn't going to get blown over with the wind is it?" Grrrrr!
Grab the 046 and start again, made a few sparks then cut like a champ! Made the back cut and left even more hinge this time! The mini pulled it right off, and it landed right where I told the HO it would! No drama, no mistakes today. Cleaned it up, in and out in an hour and half!
Then I went to the inlaws straight from there for lunch. I should have drug the tree job out longer.....

Ran the gehl out of fuel this morning. For some reason the clear bowl filter fittings decided to stop up and wouldn't let fuel in. Bypassed it with a inline filter. All better now.

Did a crane job this morning. And the camera is still sitting where I had my wife leave it out so I wouldn't forget it in the morning. It was alot of fun and went pretty slick, tree in the deck scenario. Then I changed the tank and handlebar on my favorite 460 this evening because my employee backed into it with the mini the other day. My favorite saw.

Day off .Ordered two new heavy duty Lauson screen doors .Took a look at a giant burr oak a guy wants me to flop .

He said it was large and he wasn't lying ,a 4 footer every bit of a hundred feet .If my aim is good all it will do is clean out a 12 " dead ash which I'll drop before hand any way instead of wrecking into it .

I'm not sure what burr oak is good for except firewood .

Once she starts, I'll take a picture as proof.
I offered her $200 to stack the lot, then it is up to her how much she'll make per hour.
I figure she can do it in about 10 hrs, so she'll make out good on it.

She is one hard worker for a young girl.
2 years ago she borrowed one of my weedeaters to clear the electric fence around their horse pastures.
Started at 7 in the morning and kept going for 10 hours, them brought the machine back to me.
Around here girls like that are scarece as hen's teeth, so I like to hire her for odd jobs to encourage her.

Ask her to please emigrate to Canon City, CO, USA when she turns 18.

Crazy weather last night! 2" and larger hail in West Wichita, ping-pong sized just north of us, a friend and I followed it about 15 miles, 10ft visibility in some spots. it was 56 when we left to come back home and 76 at home! We got home just in time to watch round two blow in, incredible wind wedge, you could watch the gust front just boiling the clouds, wish I could have gotten pics of it! Then it hit, 70-80mph winds! Lost a couple of the Bradford pears in the neighborhood and a small Ash next door, I hope to go out and see more when A J wakes up.

$10.00 and $30.00 charge showed up on my credit card from the Apple Itunes Store. I don't own an Apple product.

They reversed the charges. I had to close the credit card account and get a new number.

Odd thing is, they don't even try to find out who done it.

Back