How'd it go today?

$10.00 and $30.00 charge showed up on my credit card from the Apple Itunes Store. I don't own an Apple product.

They reversed the charges. I had to close the credit card account and get a new number.

Odd thing is, they don't even try to find out who done it.

That never ceases to amaze me, either. My folks had their card hacked a few years ago. Somebody ordered $3K+ worth of computer stuff. My mom called it in and they cancelled the order and the DA came out to get her to sign some papers. I was thinking...why not just contact the company, tell them what's up and have them put a transmitter in it so when the thieves power up, they could bust 'em? My credit card company called me last year to verify a charge. Said some guy had used the number but gave the wrong security code. I asked for name/address of the guy who did it..."I'm sorry, Mr. Smith, I'm not allowed to give out that information...." I told him if he would, I could guarantee one less fraudee out there. But no, I guess it's cheaper to let the credit card companies worry about all that, and there's more money in other enforcement arenas.

This fella was visiting. Had a saddle and skinning line. I offered him a climbing saw, pole saw, anything he wanted when I stopped and looked at the job early in the day. He politely declined. Used his friends rear handled poulan to get by. He was probably about 60. Leather skin, trim and lean, and had a way about him that made me think he was the real deal. I encouraged him to come to The House. I'm going to email him the address later. He had a nice demeanor, and his boots told the tale of hard work. His 2 sons work for him. Here's his website.

Www.Christiansontree.com

Ha! Chris, you have a knack for telling stories about older, hardcore tree men (e.g. your uncle, and this guy). An eye for detail and good at picking the right words to convey it. He has a nice website and a lot of nice pictures. The only negative for me is no hard hat use at all. You could be Paul Bunyan himself but imo, lack of hard hats is bogus.

I just returned a call I got this morning and spoke with the guy. He wants a couple trees removed and I told him I'd look at them tomorrow. I pulled them up on Google Street View and there's no way I can get to them. Two big oaks in the back yard. So I called my crane removal guy who I haven't spoken with in 6 months and handed him the lead.

If you want to get calls then you have to give calls as well. Judging from the pictures it could be a $4K-$5K job or better. But I can't get my truck to it so it's nothing for me. Rick will make it up to me at some point in the future. :)

Dennis, that happened to me last year.. I Tunes and and a REALLY NICE Lego set... They credited my account immediately with a phone call after I went to the bank and reported it. Shut the card down and ruined some ones further intentions. I Tunes weren't even in english.

That IS kinda odd not wearing hardhats, especially for their website pics.
Agreed.

Lousy day today. Did the work I agreed to do, for the price I said, on the date I said. We cleaned up nicely and could not have done a better job. That wasn't enough. Long ugly phone call with the HO after work. They agreed to pay me. Went to pick up the check, they wanted to stall me and make me jump through hoops with additional work to get the check. These people are pure whackjobs. It got confrontational. Nothing out of hand, but words were said.

Sorry you had to pull teeth for money Chris. :(

Good day for me today. Kat was groundie and the kids were on the job site helping. Pruned 3 of six incense cedar. All bugged from being topped and neglected. Storm damaged.... quite the challenge and mess getting it sorted out. HO happy with the first three (first prunes we ever did for him). Job is only 60 % done and he made a partial payment even though we will be finished next Thursday when I can go back. He loved watching Kat and the kids drag and chip, rake and clean up. Good day :)
Get this job for him done and I will probably get two more removals and a prune from him. ;)

Ahhhh it must be the heat. I had a little confrontation yesterday. 1st some background.

I've been missing a tooth that turned into two teeth for a looooonnnnggg time now. Two surgeries, one quite brutal, later and a bunch of waiting time and whatnot and it's been atleast six months I think. So day before yesterday afterwork I got my new front teeth in(bridge). Finally. The very next morning(yesterda) we show up on the job at 7:00 and get the truck into place and set up and everything organized and we're making some serious noise by 7:30. Around here noise bylaw is 7:00am and that's when I start to make noise, everyday. So the neighbor comes out and starts making a beeline for me on the ground. Freaks right out at me this guy, like over the top. I remain calm and give him an out, he doesn't take it, I give him one more out and he threatens me physically. I then loose my cool a bit and tell him what I think of how he's acting. He goes ballistic and is practically frothing at the mouth trying to entice me into coming across the fence at him.

I mean I'm at work right and this guy doesn't know I own the company to me this seems really chickensh-t and low and I tell him so. The whole time thinking dude you are in so far over your head with the threats you're making it's mindboggling to me. Long story short, I put my earplug back in, told him to keep yapping I'd be listening all day, laughed at him and went back to work. My new front teeth may have saved him an asswhooping of a lifetime and me a whole schwack of unneeded trouble.

Some people are wound tight.

I've dealt with po'd people before but this guy was over the top. He really wanted to go I think, he was just infuriated. I was kind of like WTF? Who wants such trouble over nothing?

Arseholes are a universal constant. Good on you for the restraint Squisher. Working for local government means that I loose my job the second I lift a hand to someone. I'm also lucky enough to work with guys who know when I need to be "removed" from the area :lol:

I haven't had anyone complaining about the noise for quite awhile, beyond dirty looks. It does tick me off when someone will drive up to a barricade in the street and start whining about not being able to go through, even though it is always posted well in advance that people are working ahead and to take an alternative route with arrows pointing the way. I like the guy that said, "Well, nobody informed me!" It would have been simple enough to shove his head deep into a road cone, but I dug deep to find the restraint. Other people set good examples for me to follow.

3 cranes on site today, removing the Pines behind three homes in a row. We had to use the property along the side of an old folks home for the cranes to sit, which they agreed to, but wanted us out of there asap. One of the cranes didn't get used much except for moving bundles of brush and the logs. Another day tomorrow to finish. The people we worked for are really happy, to the tune of two cases of beer to split amongst the guys. Kind of usual to get such treats before completing the work. Wonder if that means we get two more cases tomorrow? Best not to be greedy, I guess.

Sitting in the hotel room of the Hard Rock Tulsa enjoying the silence! 3 1/2 hours the wife and three screaming kids while her sister drove her mom and her cousin following me! Once here we had to go out to eat at Red lobster? F'ing really? So her mom decides we are all cramming into the van like a pack of Mexicans to meet the BIL, his wife and their son! 7 adults, 4 kids 7pm Friday night? This went well!
4 double Jack and Cokes, a lot of bitching because I can't navagate and drive when the wife downloaded mapquest instructions email style on her phone?
All this so the MIL can gamble and my BIL's sons 2nd Bday! I'm gonna be a wreck by the time I get home tomorrow! Oh, we got one room, two beds, a hide a bed and a roll in bed, this is great fun!

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood..... @ Andy.......

Today went good. Rob went and did one job and I went and did some chipping and estimates. Got some loose ends off the books. Landed a couple removals... Kids had a good day at TGIF. Seth's weed eater came apart so I have something to fix over the weekend (well at least analyze over the weekend :dontknow: ). Cabling job tomorrow will probably only take 1/2 a day. Was a pretty good day...

Shot some hemlocks with Imicide, put some new rake handles on some nice rake heads I've had laying around, cleaned up a little storm damage.

I neglected to mention I only brought 15 rounds with me, I don't think that's gonna be enough by the end of the Bday party when the BIL's Bible thumping inlaws show up! I've always had such great fun with them in the past and all!

Oh Andy how can you drink that stuff ?That freakin JD I can taste it three days later .I just can't handle it .

In other news got the saws packed up to go south of Columbus in the morning to a GTG .13 or 14 stuffed in a short bed Ranger .Old ones ,slow ones ,fast ones rare ones .

Oh, I can drink it faster than a normal waitress can bring it! Short glass, lots of ice, double shot and a splash of coke! Guess I've trained for so many years it doesn't have much effect on me until I get my tab! :lol:

Helped some friends move some furniture this morning. The saying when you have a pick up truck, expect to help all your friends move, is very true lol.

Taking it easy the rest of the day it looks like. We got the basement demo finished last night, and our guy is here starting the prep work to lay the tile. Should be in by tomorrow it looks like, and we'll paint this coming week, so if all goes well I'll be moving downstairs next weekend.

The rounds were the live type! Finally got the MIL drug up to the room at 3am, I went down to check on her around 2:30 and the drunks were trying to fight in the elevator landing and she was lost and confused when I did find her! It didn't take much convincing to get her to come with me!
Bed around 4am, up at 9am checked out at 11, did the Bday party at 1 then drove 3 hours home. But damn it's good to be home, and alone!
I put a bumper sticker on my truck. "yes, this is my truck. No, I won't help you move!" It seems to slow a lot of the asking down!

Back