How'd it go today?

sounds like my signage, i had one of my signs wrong today but wasnt going to drive across town to swap it out.

I took down a black locust in a back yard it had four codoms and one of them was starting to go. Customer had "cabled" it with a come along. Hit 4 nails in the lower part of the tree, and on the last cut the center was hollow and was filled with sand. Everything is dull. That wood is pretty hard and so a little wear on the chain and you are going nowhere.

Today sucks and It's only 9.30am

Groundie left on tuesday due to family problems, so an aquaintance agreed to step in and help until the new guy starts in a fortnight. Today was his first, and after a couple of phone calls I called around to see him, only to find him drunk and unconcious on his livingroom floor!:X
I left him a note and dropped his angry wife off at her mothers. I've unloaded the truck and am going to go out trimming hedges.

Anyone need a hand for a couple of weeks? ;)

9:30 P.M. met my groundi half way between our houses, on a lonely bridge out in the middle of nowhere.
He needed money for helping with his first and last deposit on a house they are going to rent.
So I paid him his wages to date.
Sat there on the bridge, enjoyed the sunset, and then when he left I could'nt start the car. Stupid starter relay went south, and no cell phone coverage. Every once in a while someone would drive past, look frightened at me through their car window (whats that guy doing on the middle of the bridge? Gonna jump?)
Got this guy to push me with his truck so I could bump start the car. Got home o.k.

Today sucks and It's only 9.30am

Groundie left on tuesday due to family problems, so an aquaintance agreed to step in and help until the new guy starts in a fortnight. Today was his first, and after a couple of phone calls I called around to see him, only to find him drunk and unconcious on his livingroom floor!:X
I left him a note and dropped his angry wife off at her mothers. I've unloaded the truck and am going to go out trimming hedges.

Anyone need a hand for a couple of weeks? ;)

The angry wife didn't want to work?

Got the day off today, how nice. Finished a six day job yesterday deadwooding six large monkey pod trees, very beautiful trees. Very similar in size and shape of the masters tree, so lots of fun climbing. Also, it was at a waldorf elementary school so we were getting the trees ready for when the kids go back to class on monday, no big deadwood is falling on those guys this year :) That type of job is pretty satisfying, making the trees safe for the kids.

jp:D

Cool stuff JP. I agree, that type of job is very satisfying. You're using your unique talents to help others, not just whacking a limb off because Ms. Jones thinks it's too close to her roof.

The heat is seriously affecting my mood and ability to work. I've noticed that I'm becoming much less tolerant of customers (and other people in general) and I'm even turning down some jobs. I haven't returned 3 referral calls either (homeowners), and those are practically sold already. I simply don't want to do it until the temps break.

Got the 2 trees cleaned up, managed to plug the chipper with the first piece I stuck in it (35' log), ended up taking 3 hours to do the clean up, as opposed to 2 like I had planned (with 30 min to fell the trees), still leaves me over $150 an hour after fuel costs (main expense), I'll live.

This heat is gonna be the death of me. Jerry B tells me it's 65 to 70 at his house.

Lordy.

It's down to 55˚ here. My joints are killin me from the abrupt change.

TS

i am typing like willie for a bit. i decided to do office and shop work today but got a call from a landscaper friend telling me his number one customer had a broken branch hanging from her large catalpa. i went to climb it, got my tip in the first throw and was ready to impress (hubris). as i hip thrust up it i felt something tighten in my back and stiffened up. it was ironic or perhaps just unfortunate because my wife told me yesterday that our chiropractor is down with a broken collar bone.

i had to find a new chiropractor. found a guy who is few blocks from my house. he put a device on me that kept zapping the bejesus out of my back and neck and did some adjustments. i am typing one handed so my other hand can hold the ice pack.

I've had that shocking thing before, I think it's a rip off. They do it just to charge more. The massaging bed thing, then an adjustment is all that's necessary.

Sorry to hear of your injury.

I hope to better monday for an easy removal. i might swim on sunday in the bracingly cold water below a nearby lake. it always makes my back feel good.

Haley is made out of dark matter and isn't easy to pick up like other people's kids. I love seeing people's faces when they got pick her up and then realize they misjudged her weight.

I have done three rounds of ice packs and have taken 6 Advil since noon. If my my head is cocked to the left it doesn't hurt as much.

Back