How'd it go today?

howd your oak removal go today butch?
just a small deodar cedar removal here, bid a few jobs, sat at dmv this am for heavy fixed liscence plates on the chipper. got pulled over yesterday since we hadnt got them yet:dur:

You need license plates on a chipper?

Thats odd!

6 Poplar takedowns.................small crack in a driveway when log rolled off crib. Friggen 2 in slabs, now they tell me:X precision fell though, could have been worse

It depends on the state.Things such as welders,compressers,chippers etc do not need tags in Ohio.This kind of surprises me because the greedy bastiges would tax the air we breath if they could figure out how to.

A captain that we have fished with rolled out of the neighborhood this morning with a 400 pound, 11 foot long Swordfish in the back of his truck. They hooked him yesterday at around 2:30 pm and did not land him till 12:30 am this morning. Awsome fish to see, his eyes were bigger than your fist!

Deadwooding an oak and dropping a dead one on the same property. Moving the dead one up the hill with the mini, then it's time for the 2nd job, drop the top out of one tree, go get the chipping rig, come back and clean it up.

Gave bids yesterday, mainly for grinding.

It depends on the state.Things such as welders,compressers,chippers etc do not need tags in Ohio.This kind of surprises me because the greedy bastiges would tax the air we breath if they could figure out how to.

Washington State damn near does... Anything being towed or hauled has to have a tag. They were even talking awhile back about taxing vehicles that have bike racks... WTF! This state sucks sometimes.:X

Gary

Washington State damn near does... Anything being towed or hauled has to have a tag. They were even talking awhile back about taxing vehicles that have bike racks... WTF! This state sucks sometimes.:X

Gary

CA is almost as bad. Chippers do qualify for a special exempt (SE) plate which costs $40 and is good forever.

was poking around in the user control panel area and saw this statement, found it kinda funny.
"Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.
"

I just got in from a four day fishing trip with my family from Hatteras,NC....The weather was mild when we left,and it was very nice up there on the water with the breeze constantly blowing..I get back here and realize that this part of the country must be one of the closest places to hell on earth...I'm gonna try to skip work until Monday...It's supposed to hit 105 here today and the humidity is 90%....I'd shoulda stayed out on the boat...But fuel gets expensive.I miss the island,but I'm glad to be home!!

Gary

Gary, I won't hear anything bad about WA state, When I was I firefighter up there, not only was there no State income tax but they had the highest unemployment payment of any state I had worked and subsequently been laid off in.

Todays fun. Ripped apart this Ash tree in a front yard. Lifes good loading the chipper with the mini now, I can come home and feel my back and legs. Its a good thing. Also cleared some brush and dropped a dead ash into the woods at the same site. Here's pics of the front yard ash.

Nice cleanup there cuz, that tree was bigger than I anticipated from the first picture.

How many loads in your 1 ton?

It's near 5 o clock and it's 104* in the shade.

Nice cleanup there cuz, that tree was bigger than I anticipated from the first picture.

How many loads in your 1 ton?

It's near 5 o clock and it's 104* in the shade.

Thanks, long time no talk:? .

We just blew the chips into the garden, brought the bucket and spread 'em for her. Pics are deceiving, it was a good sized tree. Prob around 75' ish, big wood down low though.

22 yards chips,...logs galore......3 crane take downs.....developers are still acesholes......:X We survived the heat..thanks to Wagnaw and the Freshprincenc......sweat fest:|:

I'm on AIM Oreo, where's your ass been? Didja flop it or block it down?

I worked a couple hours, tomorrow I'll clean up todays mess, perhaps do some grinding, but probably not.

Jbred, it's about as hot as 2 rats screwin in a wool sock that was left in a sauna.

Work is fairly slack here, to take up the time, starting on the 15th, I'll be taking 15 hours this semester, 3 intensive night classes, 2 full length classes, earliest class is at 2 pm (afternoon heat).

we did road clearence on a busy 4 lane road today. gotta go back for 1 more large dead hanger off the road in the am. good money, i figured it for 3 guys all day and couldnt dig up a 3rd body so 2 of us did it.

Work went fine. Preacher and groundie extraordinaire Matt helped me today. we slew A Cottonwood, an Aspen and an Austrian pine, Pruned 2 Chokecherries 2 Ashes, a Pine and a Locust. After work I was cleaning out the cab of the truck, dropped a bit of trash on the way to the bin and I scooped it and stood up into the corner of the mirror. My head and neck HURT and I an experiencing rapid mood swings from the verge of tears to barely controlled rage. I have intense desires to grab people by their gonads,rip off their genitalia and stuff the mess down their throats. Where the bleeping bleep is that bleeping bleeped bleep Tockmal?

I worked a short day and then agreed to look at some trees a good deal away from here. I got stuck in commute traffic and called the customer to apologize and tell her I would arrive late. Then when I got to her exit on the highway it was closed due to road construction. There were no warning or detour signs on the highway but they did have the good sense to put a sign up after the closed exit that said "Next Exit 12 Miles, No "U" Turns." Choice but futile words spewed out of my mouth for the next 24 miles. I almost drove into Oregon to turn around. Very annoying. The job was small potatoes but we'll do it and try to treat it as a fun day in a park despite the lack of profitability of it.

Back