How'd it go today?

Here's a better pic for Al of my little friend...
Well little ones are a hoot .About 3 or 4 of those little rascals following mama .

My wife is a city girl and the first 'possum she saw out here in the woods she thought was a giant rat .

The damned things like to take up residence under the hood of my old Ford F250 . It's a little bit of a surprise to raise the hood and see one staring back at you . I prod them with a stick to encourage them to be on their way .

You would NOT believe how many points they go over - EVERYTHING!!! Plus, they were real impressed with me, so who knows? I may go corporate, someday. THAT would be COOL, working directly for the company. One kid I trained 20 years ago is now a big honcho in corporate, I can't wait to see him again. He's supposed to be coming to our store for some reason in the near future. He'll crap his pants when he sees me again, LOL.

Good going guys, High Climber and Butch. I worked at the sheller today and then went out and drove to the dump in my forestry truck getting ready for Monday's job.

Did some Puget Sound waterfront view pruning today under mostly sunny skies. Part was over a steep cliff. Customers didn't even think it could be done because the guy that topped his crabapples (to be removed soon) said it couldn't be done. They were super happy. A 90 degree or so view of a continuous Olympic Mountains ridgeline in the background of the Sound. A beautiful day in OlyWA.

Went to a housewarming party at some friends' house with Amy.

I did a pair of cabinet doors today,inserted panal .In order to match the others in the room which are straight sided instead of ogee had to cut the rail and stile on a table saw .What a pain in the butt that is . First I've ever done that way but they came out okay .Lawdy took me 4 hours ,geeze.

A regular ogee is a piece of cake using a router .Hopefully these will be not only my first but also my last .The rest will be done with that 100 dollar router cutter .

I keep getting blisters, and my socks keep bunching up right behind my toes. I got a blister on the bottom of my foot right between my big toe and the next toe yesterday. The ball of my right foot was swollen in the front of it yesterday after work also. I've changed shoes but have just been using whatever I have in inventory so far. Also my right heel always hurts on the outside like it's being squished to the outside and I have a huge callous there. I got some gel insoles last week but with them in the shoes are kind of small. And it doesn't solve the problem of the socks bunching up. I bought these today at Wally World.

Attachments

• soccer gabriel (Large).jpg
    soccer gabriel (Large).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 2
led a group of kids and a few parents on a tour today, about 2 hours of interestingness. Then went and picked up a small inflatable boat, oars and an electric air pump for $30 from a craigslist ad. ready for next year :)

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 42
Steve, can you get the socks where there is an individual space for each toe? Goofy looking, but rather comfortable and they don't bunch up. Warm as well.

Asolo's are hard to beat comfort-wise, I have a pair that are 3 years old...too run down for working, but I haven't gotten around to buying new hikers yet. Those danged things are still comfy enough for the daytrips.

You guys have Asolo steel toes? Do they make them in steel toes?

I didn't do much laundry and watched the Packers beat the Bears once again, but I have no idea what happened on that punt seemed to me like a bad call on the reffs part.

My Asolo's only last a year. They are my only shoe, matter of fact they are killing me right now.

I was thinking about a pair of Limmers.

Today I took down half the loft in my garage, gotta fixup the other half still, and install a new post to hold it up. Burnt a bunch of the wood while I was there, I should really turn it to kindling, that shit is so dry. Came home then went to a fair for a few hours. Did that whole bit, then to Ashly's parents house for her bros b-day.

Oh, bought some tile for the bathroom and concrete anchors for the garage so I can build a work bench and start bringing my stuff there.

Back