How'd it go today?

I got a call from an old client, he just moved to a new house and wanted a tree removed.

A bit far for me but I looked it up on Google maps/street view, just a small tree and he's a good payer so off I went by myself. Problem was google was one house off, and it was in the back yard not the front and a LOT bigger.

I got it done, trucks full and I'm stuffed. :drink:

They make special fittings for trailers also. You can't just go to the hardware store for some stuff.
I suppose the newer ones are some type plastic ,maybe pec pipe .The older were all soft copper with flaired fittings .

As you say though they often use weird drain fittings that you about have to special order unless you get "creative " .Often times though there just isn't any room to do so .

This was drain plumbing, black pvc. The supply lines have a crimp style connector. Next on my list is to redo the bathroom sink drain, figure the furnace out (blows cold air and wont light even after a new electrode then monkey with the hot water tank which heats water but not the 6 gallons it holds AND the electrical seems to have gone squirrely too, pulsating issue which might be the power converter or the battery or both. :)

Awesome day today. I got my rain day, so I got to sleep in first off, which was amazing. Haven't done that in a long time. Picked up Gears of War 3 for you gamers on here a little before lunch, and its amazing. Definitly lived up to its hype so far.

Came home to find my push pin sitting on my bed, which I've been waiting a few weeks on. Now I can convert my Rope Wrench to mid-line attachable!

Finally, about 5 minutes ago, walked out to check mail and low and behold, a DVD sized package, with Gerry's sticker on the front. Thanks again man for Series 3!!! Can't wait to dig into it!

Oh, also getting cable installed today. Guy actually got here early for a change, so good thing it was a rain day. Cable, Gerry's DVD's, a new game, man, my TV will be getting a work out for awhile!

I know man....been working 2 weeks straight, then had the class yesterday, so today was my first real day off in awhile. Work tomorrow, then driving up to Purdue in IN Friday for the INTCC on Saturday, might work Sunday, idk yet. Depends what time I get back.

Had a good day of pruning trees from the bucket truck in a state park campground. Found 5 dead to fell. Shade is good. Yesterday was pretty much full sun.

Oh yeah, got to bucket wreck a decent sized dying hemlock, and a hard to believe it was still standing alder, too. Made wildlife snags out of the trunks. "Castled" the tops of the spars (made them jagged so over time it looks more like a break), and started some cavities, and up and in cuts for bats to roost.

Warn today here as well... Supposed to cool down some soon. Walnut to prune tomorrow at a higher elevation than I was at today, so it should be more nice to work in. Finished one wood delivery and finished some splitting and stacking for a customer. He has another gray pine that needs to come down. Poor things are loaded with dwarf mistletoe and dying quickly. New fallen tops on top of the wood we were just working on the other day :\: All of them man killers. Even truck squishers would be accurate.
Dunno about this tree job on the customer we finished dropping wood on today. She keeps adding more trees and has no where near the money to handle it all right now. Told her to give us a day and see what we could accomplish and then schedule some more after the first of the year. Might end up telling her to find someone else. Just going to call her the night before and see if she concludes my suspicions and cancels. :P

Bought another used Grillo snowbroom and snowblower attachment today. With this one, we now have 3 power brooms, 3 pro snowblowers, 2 mini skidsteers and a Boss V plow mounted on a 3/4 tonne Dodge diesel.........with over 100 commercial bids out there, we are hoping on getting at least 30% of them.........so bring on the snow, we are ready!

Is that the bid high and hope for the best policy? :)

You got it! I don't work for free like some of the other companies out here.

This is our first go at snow, so I do not want to loose my shirt. Plus we had record snowfall last year, so I am covering my bases.

Actually got a call back from one of the eight outdoor wood furnace companies I contacted today, spent hours working with ARCGIS trying to get started on my class project.......total fail. Midnight now, so going to give up and study for upcoming zoology test for a couple hours, then hit the sack...

Well, the last two days my store has been going through an inspection called a Full Operations Review (FOR) and we scored a 95.6! That's awesome - it means we won't have to endure THAT again for at least two years. I can relax at work once again - no more preparing for it.

Back