How'd it go today?

Feh, it's going to be a Massachusetts redux kind of day... not the usual place, but similar circumstances, and no guys, I'm not in the 'Bean, they flew to Norfolk for it.

so far its been an exciting day, 3AM reveille for a building fire alarm only to find out its a flood situation from a suite on the second floor, across the hall and above me. Nice, the ground floor has mucho water with the accompanying damages. Good fun.

From my viewpoint as a strata council member it was caused by a burst pressure fitting under the bathroom sink, unauthorized renovations. Someone gonna get fined real bad ;)

Glad it went smooth, Gigi. It's hard to give up the sun worship, but skin cancer is really nothing to take lightly. Everybody working outdoors should think about protecting themselves amap. I say that and I love no sleeve t shirts. :roll:

Sold a nice tree job; half day with the crane and a day of cabling, deadwooding, and general cleanup.
This place is all gardens and trees, no lawn; will be a bit tricky in places, but it's like a Japanese hillside garden; very nice.

Did our yearly grass cutting for our one überrich client today.
He has a nice cottage at the top of a cliff next to a fiord.
We cut the grass and remove it once a year, in order to remove nutrients from the soil and hopefully give the wildflowers a chance against the grass.

Used to be a viable tactic, before we had 21 million pigs in the country. The rain is loaded with nitrogen now:X

Then we took care of my favourite " hedge". It looks like a hedge, but is actually a 20 foot tree on a near vertical cliff, that we give a crewcut every year.

Finally felled an Austrian pine Pinus nigra and cut and split the firewood.
BY HAND!!!

There is NO access for machinery. When the client first bought the property, we cut 16 trees down to clear the view. Then we speedlined our 25 ton splitter down.
Getting it back up was something special. I still have nightmares about that.

So now we split by hand. Not a service we normally offer, but how can you say no to a client, who never asks for an estimate and always pays cash before we leave the property:)

P1000881.JPG P1000877.JPG P1000882.JPG P1000886.JPG

That's really beautiful country you folks live in up there Stig. Really makes me want to move up to S.E. Alaska. Except for the bugs! Ugh!!!!!!!!!

Today went alright I suppose. brought this fella home. 98 F350 7.3 Powerstroke, 68,000 miles. With a little lucky, she will be ready to chip into next week.
100MEDIAIMAG0066.jpg

Nice truck Chris. :thumbup:
Nice to see I ain't the only one throwing around brush cutters during the summer. :lol:
That is a really beautiful grass Stig. Looks and sounds like a great poace to work :)

Lifted trees and took out low dead with pole saws today.... Weeeeeee bit sore in the shoulders..
Same thing tomorrow. Then on our next visit we fall and yard out some small trees. Fun Fun Fun... Better than yarding a splitter though any day ;)

Back