How'd it go today?

At the sawmill, the green sycamore was ok, but the dried dust is very bad. I don't like black locust at all. Makes me nauseous and tastes like pickles and peppers.

Cut and split a load of firewood today and took it to my parents.

About the only reason I can think of for getting kids, is to have someone to do your firewood when you get old, so I try to live up to that:D

My dad has been a great help all my life.
When he retired, he used to freelance as an unpaid groundie for me and we have buildt each others houses together and made countless of cords of firewood over the years.
Now that he is old and can't work much, I'm simply paying back:)

I talked to my mom last night. I helped them with their trees and still have some to do over there this fall. I guess my BIL has volunteered to help paint the house. So they will be having a house painting party. Unfortunately, I will be on vacation and OOT that week and won't be here to help out.
My step dad and I went rounds when I was younger and we became better friends later on. I think its cool helping parents. I am happy I was able to sort out all the crap as I got older so the kids and I can enjoy them :)

I worked the last couple of days and did all take downs. I have a job on Monday putting an antique street light together from Riverside, CA .

Cut and split a load of firewood today and took it to my parents.

About the only reason I can think of for getting kids, is to have someone to do your firewood when you get old, so I try to live up to that:D

I know that was tounge in cheek but theres many pleasures to having kids. It is alot of work and expense but isn't anything that is worth having?

Is this where I'm supposed to say " name one"?

Actually if one was allergic to dogs, a child could be a substitute, I suppose.

You are right, it was very much tounge in cheek.

Going to climb two jobs on adjacent lake lots tomorrow for a irrigation/landscape company a buddy owns. Two removals on one lot and some trimming on the other.

No cleanup on either job and cash as soon as the trees are down. My buddy and one of his crew will be on the ground so all i have to do is climb. Taking this on just from his description so hauling everything up to the job.

Don't blame you; just came in from mowing for three hours, and I feel well-done. :dur:

computer work this morning, led a walk at the old arboretum this afternoon and we just got in from buying Bub his first 2 wheel (currently 4 wheeled) bike. Should be a fun week....

Spent two hours this afternoon floating down the San Marcos river in an inner-tube. Yes, the girls talked me into it. Had a good time.

Dropping off 1/2 of them in a little bit to go dancing. Taking the other 1/2 to a movie.

I get to go home tomorrow!!!

Had a busy week. Been working since Saturday. Had a pretty good week. Got fell some big trees, which was awesome! Had an incident with one though. It was a cherry, dead expect for sucker growth. Had a slight lean to the lay, and with a pull rope we thought it'd be no biggie. Set up my face cut and everything looked good. Had some rot and hollows in there, but nothing we didn't expect. I started my back cut, got a bar's width deep, and the tree leaned left, pinching my saw. Shut the saw down and backed up. We had tension on the pull line, and it started cracking and popping. It went sideways into a big oak. The cherry snapped in half, but the oak was undamaged. We were surprised that how bad a condition the tree was in. We didn't think it was that bad. Just goes to show you have to be careful, even on the ones you think are easy.

Back