How'd it go today?

FWIW that LS Lincoln is a Jag designed engine and if it's the V8 version it was made in Lima Ohio . If I had a picture of the part I might be able to find some NOS stock if there is still any around .BTW my name is on the very last one of those engines ever made .The last I heard that engine is at the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn Mich .

Bad deal Erik, glad your OK though. I was involved in a head on collision last year (passsenger), and it takes a long time for the aches to go away.

Well so far the day isn't exactly going my way .Tom didn't have enough room to handle all the brush on that ash I tossed yesterday so he'll get it at the end of the day .

I managed to clip a damned chain link fence with the 200T and had to come home to put the thing in the vise to straighten out the chain .I think I'd better find my lopers before I screw it up grand style .

Putting the finishing touches on a stocking order to the UK and will be happy for the pickup tomorrow. Ouch for your chainsaw Al! Hope the balance of your day get's better.
elg

FWIW that LS Lincoln is a Jag designed engine and if it's the V8 version it was made in Lima Ohio . If I had a picture of the part I might be able to find some NOS stock if there is still any around .BTW my name is on the very last one of those engines ever made .The last I heard that engine is at the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn Mich .

It's the 3.0l, I didn't get a pic of it, and I'm not all that concerned with helping him out anymore Al! But thanks!

Same engine as the Escape? 'Cuz I'm pretty sure we're not gonna need ours anymore. :D

Nope, but nice try! It's a 3.0l V8, Jag built, you have to pull the upper intake off to change the plugs on the passenger side and if I remember right, the plug wires run under the valve covers. It's a mess to work on!

FWIW the LS either had a 3 liter V6 Duratec made in Cleveland or Bridgend Wales or a 3.9 liter Jag designed AJ engine made in Lima .

Just got another call for a limb on a roof. I have no idea what's involved so I'm off to get the bucket and go check it out.Still have 3 hours of light so it shouldn't be a problem.

Pruned out storm damage in 4 valley oaks. I had dead wooded and pruned them about a year ago last fall. Got to traverse across two of them on one line shot. Something I contemplated last time but needed more practice. about 40 feet from top to top. 65 foot up. Did it on SRT F8 style but needed a second line for safety. I could have used the tail of the PI line but I was riding the edge of having enough line to bail and rap out if necessary. If I had a 200 foot line, would have been no problem. So a short climb line to ease me over to the next tree worked spiffy. Felt good to accomplish. Done it on Ddrt a couple of times, but only small cross overs on SRT. Then all I had to do was advance my line up with me another 20 feet to the tops. Saved some go juice for sure. Wraptor would have been better :/:
Had to cut all the weeds under the trees as they were a couple of feet high. HO should be pleased when he comes back from some Motorcycle GTG he went to. Felt like a good day. Now I just have about 75 # of round to portion out and freeze. Think I'll light the Barbie :D

Seems like most are keeping busy; It's good to see a positive change in my brothers' income status.

We took down a medium pine, then some Yews at some other place, a brush pile at another, and staked up an Arborvitae at another. Looked at a monster Sugar Maple take down after work that I'm going to put a monster number on, then came home to a couple of guys "digging" out the area for my moms new pool. This company was referred by the company she bought the pool from, although they sure left a mess. Broken pipes sticking out of the ground (brand new electrical), drainage pipes broken (1 year old), and they didn't leave an area of the backyard undisturbed, between rocks thrown everywhere, and ruts as they must not believe in matting in. Freaking mess.

Got the limb off the house. About a 15" lead that broke about 6' out from the trunk, typical overgrown laurel oak. No bucket access so I climbed up to secure the butt end before we started whittling it off the roof. It's the neighbor's tree but we scored a 'hazard reduction prune' on my customer's side of the property line. I'm letting my buddy Mike handle it since it's all climbing work and I don't have time to waste on climbing jobs any more.

We took down a medium pine, then some Yews at some other place, a brush pile at another, and staked up an Arborvitae at another. Looked at a monster Sugar Maple take down after work that I'm going to put a monster number on, then came home to a couple of guys "digging" out the area for my moms new pool. This company was referred by the company she bought the pool from, although they sure left a mess. Broken pipes sticking out of the ground (brand new electrical), drainage pipes broken (1 year old), and they didn't leave an area of the backyard undisturbed, between rocks thrown everywhere, and ruts as they must not believe in matting in. Freaking mess.
In there defense excavation is never pretty.

Oh I know. But when your back yard is fully landscaped and they are working in one corner why involve the whole yard? I guess I expect the same respect as I treat peoples yards, but not everybody feels the same.

Half a dozen sheets of plywood would have made a world a difference.

Dang EriK, Glad you guys are ok. Car accidents scare me.

We took down a biggish accacia today, must have rubbed my eyes too much or something,
but busted out in hives and my eyes started swelling, crazy. So I had some benedryl, helped.

Work is rolling along on all fronts here.

It's definitely summer in the TreeHouse.

/Man Brendon, I would call them back. If they tore your stuff up, they need to make it right, sounds unacceptable to me.

Oh I know. But when your back yard is fully landscaped and they are working in one corner why involve the whole yard? I guess I expect the same respect as I treat peoples yards, but not everybody feels the same.

Half a dozen sheets of plywood would have made a world a difference.
Oh, that ain't good I would do some bitching.

Started chipping an orchard destroyed by a mudslide last year.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6YA1W4z_3kg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6YA1W4z_3kg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Pretty rocky terrain, nasty stuff to chip too. Filing chains every hour or so, just to dull them up again. Oh well, its money.

Back