How'd it go today?

We did the shaping of the holly oak trees at the motel today and removing a couple of broken limbs from a cedar deodora. Ended up a hour and fifteen minutes from my house at the end of the day.

I'm still waiting for a phone call with an address or some sort of better information on the job location. All I got so far was "On such-and-such road across from the hospital". The hospital stretches more than 2 blocks of the road and I'm not going to drive my bucket truck up and down a busy highway in morning rush hour traffic looking for a tree crew.

We didn't work today, my back is sore as hell and I think the boss was just as wore out as I was! The weather is also pretty iffy at best, cloudy and trying to sprinkle this morning and more thunderstorms supposed to be moving in again this afternoon/evening. He even called off the roofers.

Finished the B&B or so I thought... Handed the lady the bill and was asked if we went ahead and did the two rentals up the other drive that her son normally does.. Why No we did not... Would have been good to know about 6 months ago when you scheduled your work you wanted done so I could have booked two more days with you. SO I told her I would see what we could do and that I would have to be better informed next time as to what she would like done. That bumps us up to 6 houses, four barns/sheds, 5 driveways, part of the main road and 5 fields. Surrrrrrrrrrrrre No worries. So she thought she would play the "I'll get someone else to do it" card and I told her no problem, let me know how that works out for you. I'll call her in a couple weeks with an opening and finish for her :lol:
Off to mow the rentals below her that belong to the daughter. Came home for lunch. Its only a mile down the road.

Rentals done... Bank time..
Next visit should be it for the season. Then I have trees to remove over there. I also landed two prunes with the B&B :D
Billing is done...
Cup of coffee and to town I shall go. I need a filter for that ride on over at the rentals. :P

Did some logging in the rain with Newfie until lunchtime then we called it a day.

The missus and I were headed out for dinner when this happened.

Daughter just a few scraped and bruises; wife and I mild concussion; she's got 7 staples in her head, and I ended up with three. Nearly broke my legs; I can walk, but I'm not going to be too mobile for a few weeks.

Car... well, this was before they cut the roof off to get my wife out. Call me a pussy, but I was scared; five years ain't nearly enough time, I want more with her.

Bad day all around. 242294_193788244005886_100001241358399_604931_7284772_o.jpg

We feel truly blessed; a driver's door hit is very often fatal. The car that hit us was traveling about 45. We were doing about 30, I think.

wow, glad to read you & yours made it out of that as well as you did. Hoping you all have speedy recoveries.

I just brushed up a bit on my presentations for next week and practiced a bit for a bluegrass gig I have to play tomorrow. Trying out a new sound system so getting there about noon for a show that starts at 4pm.:roll: Ah well I like to get out and play at least once a month.

Great night last night. Running on zero hours of sleep and I get to make a 4 hour drive to Indianapolis today.

Only bad part so far today is that I woke up and started throwing up for some reason. Think it has too do with the lack of food since I never really ate dinner, and also on my zero hours of sleep.

It sure does happen fast.

Adrian, be careful.... driving plus lack of sleep is a bad combination.

Back