Good Morning!

Well the turkey and ham are in the roasters as I type . Spuds are peeled and on the stove .A couple of hours and it's chow time :big-jump:

Nice avatar boss...
Tell Doc merry Christmas for us :)
Well kids have opened the first part of Christmas. My mom and dad are on their way over and I need a shower. Then off to the other house (next door) to start Christmas dinner and let the kids open presents at aunt Sheila's house. I am sooooooo looking forward to the prime rib. BBL.... Getting a shower and putting on my chef hat ;) Merry Christmas everyone..:D

The plastic belly button popped out on the bird ,turned it down to 200 and put the glaze on the ham . About 45 minutes providing the rest of the guests arrive . I suppose this would be a good time to use the steel on the carving knife .

I must be a tough old grandpappy type .:lol:

Either that, or you have just lived a sedentary life:D

Spending 30 years as a faller and arborist and doing karate, I sure have to pop a pill now and then.

Either that, or you have just lived a sedentary life:D
Not really .I worked over twenty years in construction .During that time pole climbed a tad bit amoung such brilliant things as going up a 12 foot ladders with a 90 pound jack hammer to drive ground rods .

I'm not saying I'm limber as a cat any more but not too bad for an old Tom ;) Believe it or not I can still shinny up a tree although I don't make a practice of it .

I seriously doubt in my entire life time if I've taken a whole bottle of aspirin .Except just recently and that is one baby aspirin so my wife will STFU about it ,a little high BP ya know . Women you see learn the fine art of nagging at a very young age ,some just perfect the art a tad better than others .

Not really .I worked over twenty years in construction .During that time pole climbed a tad bit amoung such brilliant things as going up a 12 foot ladders with a 90 pound jack hammer to drive ground rods .

I know you haven't lived a sedentary life, AL.
I was just trying to frig with you, is all:D

I think I'll let Shoney's take care of breakfast this morning! Imma feeling lazy!
168.gif

I get to go kill a small (18"dbh) oak tree today. :D
Nice little tree, no defects, good structure, healthy. But it's "too close to the wires" and "it will always be a problem". :roll:

Oh well, it's money. I'm thankful to have the work. I'll be done in an hour, see you guys later. ;)

Just hang out at the trunk and make the cuts. The job consists of removing several big, long leads from over the client's property. The tree belongs to the neighbors.

I haven't seen the job.

Taking Katy and Lilly for the one week doctor appointment. Taking the boys with us and then back up into the mountains from the valley to see Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Meredith and Uncle Eugene. Late Christmas thing. Any who.. Gotta roll.
Good to see you got some work there Brian.

I get to go kill a small (18"dbh) oak tree today. :D
Nice little tree, no defects, good structure, healthy. But it's "too close to the wires" and "it will always be a problem". :roll:

Oh well, it's money. I'm thankful to have the work. I'll be done in an hour, see you guys later. ;)

It's funny, I would do the same in a heartbeat but yesterday I refused to butcher a healthy white in the name of hazard pruning. This is the first time I'd worked with this particular tree service and he wanted me to whack the whole side of the tree off line clearance style to clear a roof. The tree was about 100' tall with a gorgeous wide canopy and he said the customer wanted EVERYTHING over the house, regardless of height, removed. I'm figuring it would have been a 30% reduction, all in the same quadrant of the canopy.

I told the guy politely that even though I was desperate for work, I just don't do that. I figured I was done but he wanted to make me look bad so he brought the customer for me to explain myself... so i did. I told him if he didn't want trees and tree parts to fall on his house that he needed the trees to be healthy and severely pruning a mature white oak would work against that. Then I explained that his house could be easily protected with some weight reduction and hazard pruning. The customer said cool, I did the job, got paid and I bet I'll never work for that guy again.

Cool deal, Chip. The same homeowner where I worked today also wanted me to 'shape' and 'reduce' another nice oak by his driveway. In further interrogations to deduce exactly what he wanted (and why), he said that this tree was taller than another oak planted at the same time and they didn't match. So I asked him why they were supposed to match?

Hopefully the tree doesn't get whacked next month by another tree hack. But I kinda got the feeling he believed what I told him and will hopefully not butcher his trees without understanding the consequences.

Ha, no, I knew it wouldn't be that. It just became more involved than described - as usual. I've learned to expect that.

Back