Good Morning!

Actually, LED's date back to the early part of the 20th century and were in wide use by the 70's.

Wide use? I had to do a quick google, what I read said they weren't even developed until the 60's, weren't really reliable until the 80's, weren't really easy to make multiple colors until the late 80's and weren't economical to make bright colors until the 90's.

I was only born in 1974 but it would seem to me only in recent times have they been in wide use.

http://www.marktechopto.com/Engineering-Services/history-of-leds-and-led-technology.cfm

I was takng electronics classes in high school in the mid '70s and they were readily available and used in many applications. True that only recently have they become commonplace in things like flashlights and automobiles.

I'm off to go help move a house today. I have to ride on top of the house and cut limbs out of the way from over the road. :D

I have to fire up the Caddy this morning .Some lady is interested in it ,why I have no idea .:?

I told her to bring a mechanic with her because it's a one shot deal .If it leaves it doesn't come back .

I don't screw anyone intentually but I surely can't guarantee a car that's 19 years old that was driven by an old lady to run forever . It could go for another ten years or wring the engine in 5,000 miles .

How much are you asking, Al?
Oh that chick gave me a sob story .She offered 1100 and I had it at 1600 .

Then she said something about a grand .We shall see . I somehow get that feeling she's going to annoy me and likely just leave mad without the car .:what:

It's about 10 degrees out and the old ghetto cruiser fired right up .I'll give it that at least .

I'm off to go help move a house today. I have to ride on top of the house and cut limbs out of the way from over the road. :D
Oh maybe 20-25 years ago I helped a buddy move a post and beam machinery shed about 3 miles down country roads .

Nice trick ,24 feet wide down a 16 foot road .We carried two saws .If it would have came apart we would have drug it off the road into a corn field and set the puppy afire .What else could we do ?

Oh the chit you do when you are younger and dumber . It worked out just fine though but I must have held my breath every time we came to a power pole or mailbox .Memories .:)

Have fun Brian. I helped move about 20 houses when they built a new highway by the airport in Tampa. We had to clear the new lots they were being moved to, clear everything away from the houses so the movers could get their equipment in, and then clear the route for the move. They usually started the actual move after 10 pm and we had to be off the roads before rush hour at 6 am. Fun times!

I forgot how much work that is, been about 3 years since the last one I did. I'll post some pictures in the work pictures thread.

Brett, did you ride on top of the house or did you clear the route in advance?

We cleared the routes in advance, bt I was "on call" for every move just in case they ran one that we missed. Thankfully, I never had to go out at 3 am to cut a wayward limb.

We used to take the measurements of the house and clear the route first also... Then go on call and also be there moving day booked in. The problems would mostly arise from the home owner(s) once we hit gravel roads as to what they would allow us to clear prior to the move. No matter what we showed would have to go, they would always contest it. Then we just show up on the house and do it anyway.. Good for the bank account though ;)

Actually in a professional job type situation I've only been involved in one .That was just standby in a parking lot waiting for call on a move that was only about a mile long .Sat in the bucket truck in case a service drop had to be raised and listened to the radio and drank coffee .

Got up at 4 to plow this morning...now I'm trying to tell myself I don't need an old school 1972 John Deere 110 tractor. Unfortunately I am a sucker for old SHIT!

It's either that or I was considering a Silvey 510.

Well off to get more parts for the truck... I think a new regulator is in order.. If that ain't it... then the ignition switch/connector will be next. Betting on the regulator....
Also think Katy sold 3 goats today.... They should be here to pick up the two babies and one male around noon. 50.00 a pop. We have 4 pregnant females still that throw twins and triplets. Two of them are due any day... :D

baby goats are cute, I remember bottle feeding a few in my youth. Then they grow up and turn into head butting machines, watch your knees!

Good morning Treehouse! I have to go help move a house this morning so I'm up early.

When I got up, I turned the thermostat up a couple degrees to kick on the heat and the fan refused to come on, so I have no heat except a small space heater. I just had the thermostat replaced (for the third time) last month and I'm really getting tired of these problems. I'm ready to go back to a mechanical thermostat rather than deal with problems every 6-12 months. :X Down to 64 in the house and I can't turn the damn heat on.

In a way it is ,in a way it isn't .

You might find this hard to believe . A few years back before I had the geothermal my electric bill on this all electric house was cheaper than the combined gas and electric of the house in town .

Both houses are well insulated .The in town house has a newer gas furnace and is 900 sq feet ,this one is 1800 .

Where B is most likely is not equipped to handle the colder weather they are experiencing this winter .In Orlando it's more about cooling than heating .

My wife's aunt is in Sebring ,around 100 or more miles south of Orlando and they are freezing their butts off this year .

Back