Good Morning!

Well up a little early as usual. Working today and pretty much all week, things are shaping up nicely it would seem.

Just phoned my ground guy to wake him up, pre-arranged call. It made me laugh when he asked me to call him and make sure he was gonna be up, but I thought heh better than having him screw up and sleep in I guess. Still seems kind of weird to me, you can't set an alarm clock to wake up to meet at our pre-arranged time? Oh vell he's up now.:)

Yeah, me too. Yesterday he said he wanted to start about 9 this morning. But it's 9:30 and I hadn't heard from him yet, so I just called. He said he was looking for a driver for his dump truck and would be there "in about an hour or so".

In other words, about 12:30 :roll:
This little dinky 1.5 hour job will end up taking me all day when factoring in all the waiting time. Oh well, I'm gonna shut up and show this guy how much money he can make if he only had a bucket truck. ;)

Just phoned my ground guy to wake him up, pre-arranged call. It made me laugh when he asked me to call him and make sure he was gonna be up, but I thought heh better than having him screw up and sleep in I guess. Still seems kind of weird to me, you can't set an alarm clock to wake up to meet at our pre-arranged time? Oh vell he's up now.:)

That ain't right. Guy needs to learn responsibility.

Years ago, I worked for a landscraper cutting lawns, edging, etc. Every morning, I had to actually go into his house and wake him up. He was a very sound sleeper. That was wierd, especially since he was married.

Cake job. I got there at 11 and was done at 5 after 12. One oak broke off at about 30' and busted up a second oak (and the homeowner's truck). I took them both down. Dave thinks my truck is the greatest thing since sliced bread. His wife showed up driving a late model Cadillac so I'm pretty sure he will be able to come up with the money. It's just a waiting game now.
:)

I don't think we've had any postings from directly on the water, so hello treehousers from aboard the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry ship, the Pocohantas. We're currently nestled on the James river between Surry County and James City County. :D

Jason, what are you doing on the ferry?

I was taking the ferry as a shortcut to catch 64W so I could get past Richmond's rush hour. It worked, and now I'm on my way back to Canton Ohio by way of West Virginia.

Butch, it also helps having cellular broadband on the laptop as well.

One decent spruce to kill today and about 30' of hedge to top and then I'm done for the week. Taking tomorrow off as I'll be working sunday again this weekend.

Back