200T?

Tree House distinguishes itself, yet again.

That saw isn't scuffed up. It's lightly textured for style and distinction. Like a brushed aluminum finish, ya know?

Tree House distinguishes itself, yet again.

That saw isn't scuffed up. It's lightly textured for style and distinction. Like a brushed aluminum finish, ya know?
Good point Chris, yes I don't believe in polishing a loyal worksaw, I just look after it and treat it like family:)
And speaking of family many members on TreeHouse can definately help one another, especially helping the ones in other parts of the world who are trying to make a living with sky high prices devastated economies whatever.
It just feels good to help someone out, in one small way or another we've all been there.;)

Hi everyone!

Bit of a time warp to Tassie land, and PM'ing Willard to make sure we are ok with the arrangement, I am chuffed to bits, and humbled by his generosity, not to mention the whole Tree House support system. And yes, chains are $30+ each here and I didn't dare inquire about a bar, the one on my 020 is a little bit bent...
What else can I say, I was really starting to wonder how I was going to get ahold of a back up for my 'finder' 020 that I've had for six years or so...did I ever tell you that story?

THANK YOU Willard!

SDC11736-1.jpg
Your very much welcome Fi. When you PayPal the money to Butch you should get "sponsor" quoted on your avator.:thumbup:
Tomorrow I go to the post office and mail off the MS200 out into the wild blue yonder. The only decent 3/8 lo pro b/c I have left [switched to .325 for the last few yrs] is a 14" almost new bar from my Husky 338 and a new Stihl Picco chain, I redrilled the bar's oil/tensioner holes to fit the Stihl. I'm also throwing in a brand new flippy oil cap for a spare.

For the first time today I put the Husky 338XPT up against the Stihl MS200 with timed cuts in a 10"X10" spruce log. The 338 has a 9/16" outlet muffler mod, but with few hrs on it. The MS200 only has the muffler screen removed but the saw is well broke in and runs very strong.
Both saws used the same b/c. Each saw had 3 warm up cuts before timing.
Here are the times for both saws, each time is one cut. The little Husqvarna really suprised me.

Husqvarna 338XPT: 8.94 , 8.91, 8.52, 8.59 seconds.
Stihl MS200T : 9.25, 8.97, 9.65, 9.53 seconds.

When you PayPal the money to Butch you should get "sponsor"

Frig that, it's already done! :rockon:

And I don't need a donation! I just wanna help to hook a TreeBrother/Sister UP.

That's cool enough for me, for sure.

I sure regret selling mine! But at the same time I really don't need it either! I think my next one will be an Echo cs-360t for a "truck saw" to carry around with me "just in case". It's hard to justify a $600plus saw to have in the toolbox of a truck and I hear a bit of work the little Echo works pretty good, and at $300 new, not a bad buy! I've yet to see a Husky top handle that I'm willing to spend the money on yet.
Someday in the future I hope to give a report back on the Echo.

I have two, they have served me well. I prefer not to do TDs with them though. Too dang slow. But they just keep hanging in there, and are fine for hiking into the bush and cutting small stuff all day. Plastic shat breaks a lot on them. They also kinda suck to work on.

From experience I can tell you that if you drop a tree on top of an Echo, it will get smashed to smithereens just like the more expensive models. :|:

generous of you Willard.

Andy, 200t formerly known as yours is getting used productively. Erik is working a lot of days on company jobs while I have been working at the state, since his sabbatical.

I got out a brand new Poulan 1800 the other day that I bought prolly 15 years ago when Lowe's had a closeout on them. It needed a new fuel line and it was screaming. I climbed with Poulans for 15+ years. Now, hefting a 200T makes me wonder why I ever fooled with them...except the fact that they could be had for $100 brand new back then. The ones I got on clearance were only $84. I bought either 2 or 3, I can't remember.

Found out about 200Ts and Stihl quits making them...go figure.

Ooohhh boy oh boy, It's like waiting for Christmas!!!

I'm off today to give a saw maintenance and firewood cutting workshop to the 'Men's Shed'. Men's Sheds are a volunteer and charity organization where a shed is set up with woodworking tools and benches and a coffee pot for mainly retired guys to have somewhere to come and do stuff. They make things for sale, repair things for pensioners, mentor young people or just hang out and provide support for each other.
Firewood cutting is huge around here so I volunteered to do a session for them to help improve their safety.
Should be fun!

I got out a brand new Poulan 1800 the other day that I bought prolly 15 years ago when Lowe's had a closeout on them. It needed a new fuel line and it was screaming. I climbed with Poulans for 15+ years. Now, hefting a 200T makes me wonder why I ever fooled with them...except the fact that they could be had for $100 brand new back then. The ones I got on clearance were only $84. I bought either 2 or 3, I can't remember.

Found out about 200Ts and Stihl quits making them...go figure.

My first pruning saw was a poulan. It was afraid of heights. Ran great on the ground but, as soon as I would climb a tree and go to start it... F***k! the thing wouldn't run. I literally threw it out of a Willow tree one day and end of story on Poulan saws for me.

My first pruning saw was a poulan. It was afraid of heights. Ran great on the ground but, as soon as I would climb a tree and go to start it... F***k! the thing wouldn't run. I literally threw it out of a Willow tree one day and end of story on Poulan saws for me.

Gotta climb shorter trees, Greg! The air gets too thin after you get so high.:lol:

Damn thing wasn't that tall. Maybe 50' and at sea level to boot.

I got Fiona's MS200 off today. It took me 2 trips to the post office. To send the 14" bar the bigger box to hold it would cost more in extra shipping then what the bar is worth. So I sent a like new Stihl 3/8"- 12" .043 bar with 2 new Stihl Picco .043 chains plus one new 14" Stihl Picco .050 chain . Also a spare oil cap and owners manual.
The 10"x10"x10" box weighing 12 .5 lbs cost $90.84 to ship by surface [boat] and can take up to 6 weeks to get to Tasmania. Air shipping would have cost over $160.00

Back