200T?

I hope they bring it back like they did with the 440. The 201's are a hunk of junk, one local tree guy here threw his in the dumpster. When stihl got wind of it they thought he was crazy and that its a good saw, he told them to come up in the tree with him and he will show him how much of a pile of junk it is.

You guys can laugh at me for buying four 200T's on my credit card last winter, but I still have three brand new ones on the shelf. I'm set for a few years. :D

I ain't laughing, Brian.
If you remember, I bought the last one for sale in this country, and had there been more, I would have bought them as well.
My plan was to stock up on them, but they went out faster than I thought they would.
Bummer!

I have one new one still in the box and 3 solid runners with one complete parts saw too. I'll roll for awhile more.

I'm gonna drill that hole in my 201 one of these days though and give it another chance too.

Just a word of caution for all you 200T owners .As I said earlier and often those damned roller bearings will get sloppy over time ,heat the seals and leak .The super bee started in again yesterday at the GTG ,second cut .I backed off on it and finished .I'll not run it again until I rebearing and reseal it .That's too good of saw to cook the top end for 80 bucks or so worth of parts .Besides if I need a 200T I've got two more in the shed .

When I ever find the time to do it I'll start a thread with pictures .A 200T by far is the easiest saw they ever made to work on .

I just heard Fiona's husband Bob picked up her MS200 this morning at the post office in Tasmania!

I had faith in Canada Post and I like to compare it to the U.K. Royal Mail with the Tortoise and Hair fable. Often the U.K. Royal Mail is compared to Canada Post for efficiency in next day delivery. Seeing Canada has the worlds 2nd largest land mass and every citizen is promised delivery, it just might take a bit longer.
Sure Canada Post could have next day service too if it was the size of the United Kingdom, seeing the whole U.K. can fit into Manitoba with room to spare.

Another legacy I like to talk about is my MS200 will be working in a country where sanctioned timbersports was born organized by the original Axe Men, who were the toughest of tough woodcutters in the world.
Check out the "greatest axe chopper" in the world, modern day Tasmanian David Foster.

Hey Willard...thanks again, can't wait to unpack it and get it going!

We have a rodeo every year in our village, the Ross Rodeo (51st this year), David Foster (boy is he one HUGE man!) is the MC for the standing woodchop event called the Government 1000 (I think) it has a $5000 first prize. I've seen some 'choppers' go from 29 to win a heat!
Eddie Freeman is always there too doing a massive woodcarving and his son shows their vintage chainsaw collection.

I'm glad your saw got to you OK Fi. You should be good for a while now for climbing saws, you also have a good parts saw with your older 200.
I heard of guys saying when they shake hands with big David Foster it's like trying to shake hands with a guy who's wearing boxing gloves. That's how big he is.

I picked up a set of bearings and seals for the super bee after work .Not as bad as I thought ,57 bucks with tax .Really cheap considering it will extent the life of essentually a 600 dollar saw .

While I was there I picked up a running 024 ,bar chain ,complete ---50 bucks .:D

Damn a 200T over here is nearly $1200 US dollars just picked up the last one on the shelf that would have been three but I sold my buddy the oldest one. Two is enough for me and I run 14" bars on both except one is .050" and the other .043" or picco mini. That little chain cuts like smoke, its what they had on it in the shop and they didn't have the .050" bar ( 14" ) that I am accustomed to, what the hell it is burning through wood.

I've got the skinny chain with a 12" on an 020T .The super bee has a 14 " chisel and the other stock 200T has a regular 14" semi chisel . I've got a 16" bar ,brand new but I've never used it yet .I suppose if I ever do I'll have to find where I hid the chain to it .

Back