200T?

treesandsurf

Treehouser
Anyone know where I can pickup a 200T? We can't get any at any of the dealers here in HI, knowing Stihl that may be the case across the country. If anyone has an extra one they'd part with :lol:. Just casting a line, thanks!

jp:D

Anyone know where I can pickup a 200T? We can't get any at any of the dealers here in HI, knowing Stihl that may be the case across the country. If anyone has an extra one they'd part with :lol:. Just casting a line, thanks!

jp:D

Just throwing this out there because I do not need one. I was shopping at my 4 stihl dealers today and all within 45mins of me. 1 had a new 200T on the shelf $580 plus about 8% tax.

5 days ago, just saying.

Are you the guy that bought the 394 for $600 shipped and was having problems with it from the get go and it is now for sale again?

treeandsurf by the time I got out of my appt the shop would have been closed. I will try and go tomorrow, if there I will buy it. I dont think I will have any troubles selling if something happens on your end.

PM'ed you my number.

I have 3 new in the box, but I am not parting with them!! I went to the Stihl site and googled some zip codes and found two in GA. Most dealers won't ship to you ( I don't think they are supposed to) because Stihl wants them cranked up and run in the shop before letting them go but I found 2 dealers that would ship.

I called off work today. Guess where I might just end up. :D I'll let you know in PM if I make it.

I can get my hands on 1 more. $570. Pm, if you want it.

That is cheap, I want it if he does not.

T&S, I may have found a way around the "no shipping" deal. I found 3 more and asked my Stihl dealer if they could ship them to him and he was fine with it. Now we just have to find out if Stihl is okay with it. I will know on Monday.

Well just a word .If you find a dealer who will ship don't blab .Stihl dealers are the most jealous SOB's in the world .They'll rat each other out in a heart beat .

Seen a Dolmar dealer rat on another Dolmar dealer for doing online sales of saws. I couldnt believe they did that and refuse to buy from them still today on their website and ebay site.

Well just a word .If you find a dealer who will ship don't blab .Stihl dealers are the most jealous SOB's in the world .They'll rat each other out in a heart beat .

Al, I hear you on that, I wouldn't rat them out for helping me out. It will be interesting to see if Stihl will let them ship dealer to dealer. I should know Monday. Otherwise I will have to drive 3 hours to pick them up. UGH.

I didn't mean to say you would .It's just I've seen dealers surf the net and whine like whipped puppies over trivial nonsense .

Not just Stihl dealers but often francisees get the mindset that because of owning a dealership they can control all sales of a praticular product within a certain area .

I don't know exactly how Stihl runs things but Caterpilar will ship between dealerships with no problem .For example they have a data base on parts world wide .If you need parts for say a 1968 model D7 and they might be in BrainTree Mass or Augusta Georgia you'll get them in about two days .

Al, I hear you on that, I wouldn't rat them out for helping me out. It will be interesting to see if Stihl will let them ship dealer to dealer. I should know Monday. Otherwise I will have to drive 3 hours to pick them up. UGH.

In your location I would call around to some of the islands and take a boat ride to go get some :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Scott (arborworks1) came through in a huge way, thanks again Scott. This arrived at my doorstep yesterday. The crazy part is our dealer here in HI had the 200T listed for 719.95 + tax when he had them six months back or so. Scott had this one shipped with a 14" bar for less than 700 after tax and shipping.

jp:D 200t.jpg karen200t.jpg

Back