200T?

I haven't checked what they might be asking for them now, but they always sold for 1000 plus over here. Might be lesser now with a new model, most folks don't realize what a fine saw they are, I have only seen one in the field.

On that subject I used one of Tom's 020T 's this afternoon to slice up an ash I dropped the other day .It was leaning out from bad bearings but I fixed it and only made a few cuts with it prior .

Today I gave it the test .About a tank and a half non stop with nary a problem .The dang thing has a fixed jet carb but it sure cuts good I'll say that .

That stuff today was 8-10 inches which is about par for a 020/200 .If that doesn't heat it up enough to leak nothing will .

020 and 0200 = legendary saws, dare I say the all-time ultimate climbing/bucket saws in the industry. The #2 saw is a distant second, whatever saw that may be. The 201?? Um, no.

The 020 rear handle has served me very well. It's been running real sweet since Brian kindly helped me out with the replacement oil pump.

Small rear handles I am not a fan of. Top handle all the way;)

I hear ya. I still like the rear handle, but I have those parts of my bod that act up too, like your wrist does. Speaking of which, when my wrist acts up every few months, I've had good luck putting on a basic velcro wrist wrap for a day or 2 and it helps alot.

Thanks, I will try that. My wrist is buggered up from twisting woodworking clamps. Chainsawing doesn't help it.

I'm not even sure why the wrist wrap helps, maybe in just "giving support," but it definetly does. When I feel the problem coming on, I use the wrap, usually after work, and the early treatment tends to make the problem go away that much quicker.

That's why I bought four of them last year when the 201 came out. Of the four, I have one on the truck (with two older ones as well) and three still in boxes.

Brian, I wonder if they will become epic, like the cars on Mechum Auctions, bringing huge dollars? Do you watch that show?

I had to get some mix oil today and my buddy needed a carb for his 200T so off we went to go shopping. He got his carb and I left with another 200T and free mix oil:rockon: That puts two on the shelf waiting for fluids. He said he thinks he can get more and would let us know. I'll keep you posted.

By the time you guys get to using the stockpiled 200Ts, someone will have come out with a better saw in Africa.

It's good to hedge your bet with having extra saws on the shelf. It's pretty darn peculiar when you can't trust a manufacturer with a high volume business, to come out with a better product. There are the EPA regs, but manipulating the public through marketing is not uncommon. Usually some whacky boys that never see daylight due to always counting their money.

Since Africa was mentioned in jest you might be on to something .For example the 038 Mag never really went out of production .In the areas it's sold it goes by Ms 380 .I think they might still sell the 070 some place too .

I now wonder of sneaky old Stihl will just sell the 200's some place else other than North America .

Probably right Al, but two friends offered me $100 bonus for my good fortune if I sold them today. I feel better with them on the shelf for now.

Who knows, the 090 just might be available in some places. I worked with an African guy for awhile doing Pine beetle infestation removals. Strong as an ox, but those dudes get wild with a saw! When I later asked the guy that hired me if he still had the African working for him, he told me that he had to fire the guy due to wrecking the saws that he had loaned him, and endangering the crew. I knew he had knocked someone out with a tree. A big old style 090 might just be what they need.

Hey guys: Chiming in a bit late here. Is the consensus view that the 200T is not gonna be made anymore. Cause the guy down at the Stihl Shop in Issaquah, WA told me that they'd continue to make em right alongside the 201. He said something about their having to appease the EPA with the Eco-friendly stuff, while sill being able to keep the good stuff in production. Was he right? If not, I'm gonna be hitting my boss up real soon, cause I know he's still got some 200T's on his shelf!

It's political BS more or less .Look at Husqvarna and the 372 or Stihl for that matter with the Ms 440 .

If you are really interested you can get on Stihls international sites like Peru,Argentina maybe Mexico and see what they offer as far as models .I think I'll peek at Japans' although I won't have a clue what they are talking about .

Depending on which area of the world you go to you can find old models like the 076 and 051 still for sale .Mexico doesn't list the the 200 or the 201 .

Back